Author Topic: The IWC mark XVIII Le petit prince  (Read 6503 times)

Offline dualcarb

The IWC mark XVIII Le petit prince
« on: November 24, 2016, 07:24:06 AM »
Good morning all. As the tittle states, this watch is my latest incoming.

The purchase of this watch is a special one. As some of you know, I am a boy from a little town called Klang who now resides in Hong Kong due to work.
Hong Kong, being known for being a very heavily populated city is also a very competitive one. Whether it is for doing business or being a salary man and worst off, being a student. Kids have to go through an interview process in order to get into the schools of their choice. And imagine the stress of the parents having to put their children through all of these. My wife and I are already considered the laid back sort and does not push our kids for all the extra curricular activities just to get extra points.
Long story short, my little boy just got accepted into the school of our choice, which happens to be nearby where we live. There were literally thousands of applicants for only 120 available slots.

On the 23rd of November, the acceptance letter came in after two rounds of interviews. His birthday was a day before, on the 22nd. So I bought this watch to mark the occasion.

This particular watch, the Mark18 Le petit prince, is basically sold out in all the IWC boutiques that I went to. I finally managed to find one who will order and reserve one for me. The call came in on my son's birthday. Luck of all lucks...

So here it is...in all its blued sunburst beauty.

It is light, easy to wear, very legible and a joy to look at. I have always regretted selling off my 3706 and 3717 pilot chrono. And the desire to have an IWC back in the stable was a strong one. Imagine to my delight when Basel 2016 announced a smaller sized mark series at 40mm. Something that my tiny wrist can carry. And to top it all off, the blue on the LPP on the simple and clean mark18 just makes the calling stronger. This will surely be a keeper for me.

Have a great morning all...

Cheers/Patrick

Offline CKL1213

Re: The IWC mark XVIII Le petit prince
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:00:57 AM »
so what you bought for your little boy?

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »
Good watch you have bought and it is definitely a memorable collection item. Wear in good health, bro.  :thumbsup:

Offline Him Who Watches

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 06:18:09 AM »
That is a very beautiful piece. One of the more beautiful pilots I have ever seen. Wear it in good health.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
Thank you for the kind words. It's such a simple and good looking watch. Really flies under the radar. @clk, do I have to buy my boy something?

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 07:29:52 AM »
of course you do, as per your statement, your boy successfully get accepted to the school of your choice while competing with thousand other kids and it is his birthday the day before the acceptance letter

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 09:58:16 AM »
of course you do, as per your statement, your boy successfully get accepted to the school of your choice while competing with thousand other kids and it is his birthday the day before the acceptance letter
lol...I see what you mean...
I got him a bean bag for his birthday as per his request. He has always wanted one. So I bought him one.

Offline Clicko

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 11:58:13 PM »
This is really a nice one and I am targeting as well. BTW, the lume is on the numerals or indexes?

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:08:52 AM »
This is really a nice one and I am targeting as well. BTW, the lume is on the numerals or indexes?
lol...sorry for the late reply. I never really noticed or cared where the lume plots were till you asked this question. I took this photo five mins ago. Seems the lume is only on the hour/minute hands. The 3/6/9/12 markers and the triangle at 12

Offline DannyDar

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »
This is really nice. Btw I bought the same brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dantbk

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »
Wow, Plenty of IWC fans in Msia now. Both Portugieser and Pilots are my favourite line in IWC.

Especially loving the blue dial of Petit  Prince !