Author Topic: 2x 7 days with SevenFriday P3-01  (Read 8505 times)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
2x 7 days with SevenFriday P3-01
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:15:03 PM »
First and foremost, pardon the poor pictures from my mobile phone. Having spent the monies on watches, I couldn't afford a good camera  :mooning:

I received the SevenFriday P3-01 coincidentally, on 7/7/2014. This was a direct order from Switzerland; came with a letter signed by its founder, Mr Daniel Niederer (the ones sold through Red Army don't have the letter, or so I was informed vide a friend whom bought locally); and by way of luck, had a serial no. of 0001.

I had read lots of positive reviews of the said watch online, and therefore jumped on the bandwagon with my interest and curiosity piqued. RRP at circa RM3,850 was an affordable one for a Swiss brand, albeit a new one. It made its entrance vide a large "wine" case (that was what my mum-in-law thought I was holding on the night I brought it back). Very industrial-like, suiting its theme.

The watch case was supposedly made by Corum (as written in other blog/forum online) although I have my doubts given its RRP. The details and workmanship were quite impressive for its price, with PVD protected by rubber to prevent scratches. The dial was supposedly made by Tag Heuer, again this represented unverified information from the aforementioned sources; and at first look, it seemed rather busy and complicated. The sub-dial at 4 o'clock were running seconds and the sub-dial at 9 o'clock was a 24-hour indicator (most people assumed that it was a GMT, which it was not).

Movement was vide a dependable Citizen Miyota, although I would have much more preferred an ETA or Selitta to qualify the watch (as opposed to the brand) as a real Swiss watch. Power reserve was rated at 46 hours and time-keeping was alright during my possession of the said watch.

The rear case had lots of information with regards to the watch, and the serial no was duly engraved there. The crown incorporated the design elements of a wheel. Looks-wise, there was not much to fault the piece.

The rounded-square-edges ensured that the watch wore well on one's wrist despite it's 47mm x 47mm behemoth size. In fact, compared to the 42mm Steinhart GMT-Ocean, it didn't really looked that big, ain't it?

The 28mm handmade leather strap was quite soft to the touch and instilled quality. I paired it with Nato/Zulu for the wristshot- starting with 20mm (too puny!) before finding the right fit at 22mm.

Generally, the watch picked up a fair bit of attention from on-lookers although most shrugged their heads when I mentioned SevenFriday. But most people appreciated the funky looks, with a few making references that having the watch on one's wrist was akin to having a small TV thereabouts. I liked the watch better looking at the pictures on blogs and forums; but it didn't really sing to me when I had it on.

So 2 weeks on after getting the SevenFriday and it hardly getting any wrist time (which was rare as I almost always wear the new watches all the time for the first week or so), it was time to bid it goodbye as it needed to find a funkier owner whom would looked good having a funky watch on his/her wrist.

To get over the said watch, I now have a Ball Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow" on my wrist even as I am typing this; and I can feel the horology love returning to me once more  :Cheers:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:38:12 PM by andytagheuer »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline btgo1128

Re: 2x 7 days with SevenFriday P3-01
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 01:14:22 PM »
nice watch.. such a great trendy item in market nowadays.

gonna have it for my next watch
thanks for sharing

Offline EvolutionZ

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
its not easy to find replacement strap this size....

Offline Top2

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 05:58:56 PM »
i have one of this too,a very eyes catching watch .loved it

Offline wusion123

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 06:02:43 AM »
very nice design  and color macthing for this seven friday

Offline Dc

• Merchants
    • Watch And Ward Gallery
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 12:37:43 PM »
I owned the P1, looks big but once you're wearing it, looks stunning and size just nice. Some say is just a fashion watch, to me the design make me impress.

Offline vincenttan

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 06:08:57 AM »
Have to custom order the straps, 28mm is hard to get from market ;D

Offline tatte

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 06:36:28 AM »
Nice watch. How much does it retail for?

Offline BW

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
Does it look big? I have a small wrist not sure how it will turn out

Offline carlcox

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 07:49:16 PM »
Nice watch ! Do you mine pm me the price that you purchase ? Waz planing to get one for my wife birthday gift . Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 04:45:34 AM »
Thank you for the great review. I also felt the same way when the watch first came out. I was lucky that a cousin of mine was gifted the seven Friday and I managed to try one on in the flesh. I had it on for a few hours and really, it felt a little too big for my taste. So I saved me some dough from that experience. Well, one man's meat right? So it's back to the very conservative 40mm watches for me. Maybe because I have very puny six and a half inch wrists...congrats on the mad cow and wear it in the best of health...

Cheers
Patrick

Offline jimmyang

• watchstories.my
    • jimmyang.com
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 12:57:52 PM »
I used to love SevenFriday when I was into large watches. Then sense hit me and I now dabbled at the largest 42mm. My wrist size unfortunately is not that big.

IG : watchstories.my

Offline Zaini

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2023, 07:54:39 AM »
Their latest offering design is crazy awesome & def pique my interest to own them. If not for my silly head to think that they were treated the same was as Hublot (or even lower?). But that's just strictly me. IF there's a rep that I would own, this would be the first one if not it.

Offline Gubs7771

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023, 02:33:14 PM »
Gosh I wish I had your foresight to move mine along after 2 weeks... Mine? It's somewhere in the closet unseen for a few years now...