Poll

Why there is no love for Titoni watch in Malaysia? Especially after year 2000!

Too old fashion in design that not able to attract youngsters
4 (40%)
No advancement in technicality and functions
2 (20%)
It target only mature groups > 40yrs old
2 (20%)
It targets only Asian market especially China (no change in its marketing since half a century ago)
2 (20%)
No change in management team as it's management still lead by its founder descendent.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 24, 2017, 07:29:38 AM

Author Topic: Why there is no love for Titoni watch in Malaysia?  (Read 9976 times)

Offline Cocas

Why there is no love for Titoni watch in Malaysia?
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:29:38 AM »
Titoni is an old brand but noticeably it is not as well known by most of watch lovers nowadays.

Please vote and express your opinions. Thanks.

Offline Cocas

Offline Watchnut888

• Freshie
Re: Why there is no love for Titoni watch in Malaysia?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:37:23 PM »
From my view, I believe it's a good brand but somehow feel the design wise is a bit not that sporty, maybe just way too classic for people age 40+.  Just my point of view  :Confused: :-[

Offline cklim

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »
If I'm not mistaken Titoni used to be quite famous in Asia from 60's to early 80's, but they were losing younger customers, probably due to their conservative design and lack of sports model.
However i do agree that they are good brand with rich watchmaking history, and managed to survive the "Quartz Crisis" whereby most brands don't.
I recently bought 2 vintage pieces - 70's Cosmo King and ladies Titoflex, both still runs strong despite they had never been serviced for the past 30+ years!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:13:15 PM by cklim »

Offline Cocas

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 05:56:08 AM »
This is my Titoni Airmaster.

I like it's dial, casing, and finishing work :thumbsup:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:43:51 AM »
Checked in other watch forums. Almost no one discussing about Titoni watch.

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 03:39:32 PM »
Lack of branding maybe? They can't seem to distance and cluster themselves away from the tons of cheapo brands and thus suffers from that.

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 05:07:16 PM »
I believe there might be due to lack of new sport and "core" model to remind the customers that they are a good brand as well. Also, there was also lack of marketing activities or advertisements to create brand awareness, IMHO. Never had a Titoni in my collection yet. 

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »
This is a classic case of 'lack of brand awareness' - brand must spend to create/maintain awareness. Even PP spends money in our local papers to keep the awareness going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Cocas

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 06:56:23 AM »
This is a classic case of 'lack of brand awareness' - brand must spend to create/maintain awareness. Even PP spends money in our local papers to keep the awareness going.

Yes, @meoramri bro. I totally agree . Lately I even saw Rolex  GMT watch put on its advertisement in Singapore TV - Channel News Asia . I was so surprised.

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 02:07:36 AM »
This is my Titoni Airmaster.

I like it's dial, casing, and finishing work :thumbsup:
This is my Titoni.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 02:10:23 AM »
I believe there might be due to lack of new sport and "core" model to remind the customers that they are a good brand as well. Also, there was also lack of marketing activities or advertisements to create brand awareness, IMHO. Never had a Titoni in my collection yet.
buy on Titoni and you will change idea . There is quality. Add it to your collection

Offline Cocas

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 06:13:56 AM »
buy on Titoni and you will change idea . There is quality. Add it to your collection

:thumbsup: Very true indeed. You only know how well made it is when you get your hand on it.

Offline TL28

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 08:55:22 AM »
If I'm not mistaken Titoni used to be quite famous in Asia from 60's to early 80's, but they were losing younger customers, probably due to their conservative design and lack of sports model.
However i do agree that they are good brand with rich watchmaking history, and managed to survive the "Quartz Crisis" whereby most brands don't.
I recently bought 2 vintage pieces - 70's Cosmo King and ladies Titoflex, both still runs strong despite they had never been serviced for the past 30+ years!

I think im in love for ur cosmo king.. do you know any place i can get it?

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 11:02:48 AM »
for the youngers:

Offline weibbb12

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 06:32:00 PM »
I saw billboard advertisement of Titoni along the North South Highway if I'm not mistaken. I think Titoni is starting to market its brand here but it takes time for people to get familiar with it.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 06:26:56 PM »
In my opinion they lack originality and individuality. Most of the models in their line up look like copies of other watch makers design. I feel like I would be buying an expensive homage instead a proper swiss watch  :Blue:

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 10:48:59 PM »
I don't think Titoni has the entire catalogue of homage. True that the design does not shine of originality but it is clear that not all watches are homage to other houses. In fact I think the Master series for example, despite the sobriety has different graphics. The Seascoper sounds like a great watch as design. Others present as the Airmaster are classic. The only real homage the cosmo King. Now of these watches there are all brands, now and in the past even big names like Zenith, Eberhard and many others proposed clocks on that design, with magnificent lens on model Rolex. Significant that, among all, Rolex sued Titoni Cosmo king just for her.  Going to get lost in court the case has meant that this Cosmos King is in turn an icon among the Homage, being the only among so many brands made budge a colossus like Rolex. If you go to see, all homes have pretty much any watch that is inspired by any particular model that has made history. Even the Diver for example how many houses they really do something original? Even Rolex honors herself with the Tudor brand, which only now begins to make changes in design, but in the classics like Cellini it could be argued that some other brand are homage to?  Finally we have to understand that for a small factory like Titoni is not easy to survive in the midst of industrial clossi. The design is safe, there becomes unbalanced, it tends more to the concrete, a good thing at the bottom. The watches have a features that from a concrete impression of quality, of strength, of getting things done properly. The design could be improved, and in future I think this will happen for larger forces. The brand, however, does not make longer jumps of one leg. And maybe that's why it has survived the worst economic crises, while the Giants were falling to the ground or to aggregate to other houses to survive.
 :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:53:06 PM by trottolargentea »

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 10:55:47 PM »
ancestor of the Cosmo King

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 11:09:37 PM »
This is a beautiful watch. I prefer this to varius models as the good Mido Ocean star. But while Mido is only a mark of a large group, Titoni is a real brand, with its own factory and assembles the movements piece by piece in house. This they don't even many household names. See, for example, Eberhard or Tag Heuer, make these watches with the same mechanisms at double or triple the price.
 :Dancing_banana:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:57:45 PM by trottolargentea »

Offline cklim

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 06:59:06 PM »
Quote from: TL28

You may try watchlim.

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 01:04:00 AM »
Quote from: TL28

You may try watchlim.

Offline trottolargentea

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 01:08:56 AM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:10:29 AM by trottolargentea »

Offline asimo

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 07:39:52 AM »
U can check titoni AD ATG watch at Fahrenheit, many models

Offline Cocas

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 08:33:49 AM »
I don't think Titoni has the entire catalogue of homage. True that the design does not shine of originality but it is clear that not all watches are homage to other houses. In fact I think the Master series for example, despite the sobriety has different graphics. The Seascoper sounds like a great watch as design. Others present as the Airmaster are classic. The only real homage the cosmo King. Now of these watches there are all brands, now and in the past even big names like Zenith, Eberhard and many others proposed clocks on that design, with magnificent lens on model Rolex. Significant that, among all, Rolex sued Titoni Cosmo king just for her.  Going to get lost in court the case has meant that this Cosmos King is in turn an icon among the Homage, being the only among so many brands made budge a colossus like Rolex. If you go to see, all homes have pretty much any watch that is inspired by any particular model that has made history. Even the Diver for example how many houses they really do something original? Even Rolex honors herself with the Tudor brand, which only now begins to make changes in design, but in the classics like Cellini it could be argued that some other brand are homage to?  Finally we have to understand that for a small factory like Titoni is not easy to survive in the midst of industrial clossi. The design is safe, there becomes unbalanced, it tends more to the concrete, a good thing at the bottom. The watches have a features that from a concrete impression of quality, of strength, of getting things done properly. The design could be improved, and in future I think this will happen for larger forces. The brand, however, does not make longer jumps of one leg. And maybe that's why it has survived the worst economic crises, while the Giants were falling to the ground or to aggregate to other houses to survive.
 :thumbsup:

your posted photo are the limited edition Malaysia special watches that celebrate our country national day. The gold colored piece is solid 18k gold , RRP was posted about RM 12k back then. I wish I could have chance to see it again and buy it.

The Malaysia map are mother of pearl dial.