Author Topic: Basel 2009 Rolex Pics  (Read 7403 times)

Offline danny

• Administrator
Basel 2009 Rolex Pics
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:29:41 PM »
Borrowed the following pics from another source. These are supposedly official Rolex pics released to the press.
Hope no one here gets poisoned too much.
The new DJII looks really great  :thumbsup:.
Bad news is my old DJs are already obsolete  :thumbsdown:.
Probably have to pass them on to my wife.  :'(

Offline sshark

Re: Basel 2009 Rolex Pics
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:43:56 PM »
I like the 2 tone black dial Sub. Gold and Black mix very well.

Offline silverstan

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »
hope only the size increased but not the price.  :Scolding:

yea, i like that 2 tone black dial sub too.  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:41:47 PM by silverstan »

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »
hope only the size increased but not the price.  :Scolding:

I think that's the excuse/reason why the price will be adjusted(increase)!!

Offline sshark

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »
I find Rolex is more of a jeweler rather than a watch maker. They are happy they have the optimum calibres. Low manufacturing cost, high durability i.e. less defects and longer lifespan. So, instead making big improvement (so far parachrom hair spring for Daytona and GMT models) to their calibres , they produce more designs. Innovation is placed on aesthetic instead of technical.

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »
I find Rolex is more of a jeweler rather than a watch maker. They are happy they have the optimum calibres. Low manufacturing cost, high durability i.e. less defects and longer lifespan. So, instead making big improvement (so far parachrom hair spring for Daytona and GMT models) to their calibres , they produce more designs. Innovation is placed on aesthetic instead of technical.

IMHO, what they been doing is perfectly fine for targeting 'selected' Rolex fans; and fortunately this groups of fans is huge enought and growing still. Good branding strategy and right development direction is pretty much key to win the game in the ultra competitive market. Do they need rattrapante, tourbilion, minutes repeater and other complications to stay on top on the sales chart ? I 'm doubt so. Panerai is pretty much developing on the similar route, they don't need grande complication to capture the heart of the buyers; whereas , limited production, iconic design and simplicity are the wining keys . When i happily show off my newly acquired steel strapped Luminor Marina to my wife like a kid who dances in joy and having their Optimus Prime in his hand, my wife replied me with :" There's nothing but a chunck of metal on your wrist ! " . Out of my collections, my PAM is the one that she has deepest impression. Yea, ironically because it looks like " a chunck of metal " ......

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 07:04:28 AM »
Rolex tends to stick to their winning formula. Classic designs, industrial grade calibers, astute marketing. All these factors contribute to the fact that Rolex is still the only watch manufacturer listed in the Business Week's Global Top 100 Brands. IMHO, as long as you stay away from Rolex's bling-bling models, their SS sports watches represent some of the best, if not the best, values for a Swiss mechanical timepiece with manufacture caliber. Just my 2 cents.

" There's nothing but a chunck of metal on your wrist ! " .
:Laughing_on_floor: Your wife certainly doesn't mince her words.

Offline sshark

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »
You have only 1 way to go with this. Stick with watever works, if it does not, find a way to make it working again. Survival is no. 1, other things can be done later while u still alive.

While I agreed with Rolex way on running the business, I wish to see more technical innovations from Rolex.

Rolex tends to stick to their winning formula. Classic designs, industrial grade calibers, astute marketing. All these factors contribute to the fact that Rolex is still the only watch manufacturer listed in the Business Week's Global Top 100 Brands.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »
rolex did alot in improving it reliability even though it already proven the most reliable watch brand on on earth....
i always salute them for this....
but i do wish to see them emphasize on design one day.... but that will be difficult if reliable is the concern.... change design. change case.... will not guarantee u reliablity...