Author Topic: Hello  (Read 10198 times)

Offline David_cheong

Hello
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:22:34 PM »
Drop by to say Helloooooo!
How are you, Scott?

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Scott C.

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:17:16 AM »
Hello David :) I'm fine..I just got a new job in uptown :)

David is a friend of mine who are into watches too..our gathering place usually will be USJ Summit..
Hope you find this place resourceful and a lot of nice guys here :) They are now up to a Watch Project, building a 1000m diving watch :) You can see it on other Topic..maybe you can input some of your feedback :)

Good to see you here!

Enjoy!
SC

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:17:24 AM »
Hi David,
Welcome to our friendly neighbourhood watch forum. Feel free to make yourself at home and don't hesitate to jump into the discussions here.  :)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
welcome...

usj summit... do u guys visit Ah lam watch shop at 2nd flr... selling alot of rolex... focus time his shop if not mistaken!

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
That's the shop I meant :) Focustime, Ah Lam ;)

He selling a lot Rolex and sometimes NOS Omega too..

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 08:12:17 PM »
so u know him well?
his price not cheap!
i got angry with him once....
i saw a omega flightmaster... ask him how much... he said rm6k.... i said ok, i'll bring money next time!
next week when i really go n buy he said some1 book....
after 2 months i still saw it is there... i ask him again why the guy never take?
he said he actually want to keep... (but his gesture and face telling me to offer him more)
so after that i never buy watch from him...

then after i get to know his past.... how he treated my friend... a watchmaker who partner with him and started that shop....
so i visit his shop less... although i never show that to him...

so did he treat u guys well?
cheap price?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 05:49:13 AM »
LOL! I know what you mean Chris  ;D

I used to be regular there...all in all, the watches he selling there are good quality. Some watches he don't want to sell he will just put "Sold" :) I think he made mistake told you that Flightmaster 6K, which i doubt he wanted to sell with that price, if it's 6K, i will buy it long time ago :D

Some story la...hahahha..you more next time we meet la....

Cheers!
SC

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
This Lam guy...

You must know him well in order to deal with him

Well, recently I saw a Cartier galbee XL and ask for the price....Immediate put down a deposit and collect the watch ...2 months later  LOL.

His watches are relative good but the asking price are a bit stiff. But then he stand by his word. If you happened to drop by on Sat, we used to go yam char.

I bought a number of watches from him already. (Mr. Lam)

Any of you guys visits / know Simon in Subang Jaya (opposite the Taylors College). He had a nice collection of Rolexes...including deepsea.

Now, cash is king... (buyers market) you can actually 'han-tam' their prices these days.

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Hello
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 12:58:50 PM »
i didnt know there is a shop near taylor?

lol.... i also yum cha 2 times with ah lam... he yum cha everyday!
yes. he only take good condition watches....

next gtg is usj and subang lah...

PS - i been cheated by watches of switzerland before.... f***! charge me so expensive for original omega barrel but replaced it with used lousy barrel.... it took them 2 months serviced and change part.... and return a handwinding omega who can only last 16 hours....
send back again... another 2 months.... still not accurate.... send back again another 2 months.... total 6 mths warrantty gone just like that....

i complaint they deny till i get to know my watchmaker fren now only i realise they used lousy modified  used part on my watch...
i should have bring this to tribunal.... before the warranty expired!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:31:55 PM by chrisyen »

Offline Q

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 10:08:45 AM »
Hi Guys,

Its Henry from the last date at Pavillion, dont have much time to post but looks like another gtg as suggested by Yen in Subang will be good. Scott u are now working in Uptown? Well my off is there too for 3 years now. How are you getting used to Uptown most importantly the food? Dont ask me cos I am not used to the place yet! Maybe yen the informer can intro a food joint he tried in Uptown. Cheers. Nothing like a good divers watch on a wet monday.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
Hi Folks

Yes, there is a shop selling pre-owned Rolexes and other makes just across the Taylors College (opp. main road).
This chap - Simon keeps some nice inventory. We can meet up for 'yam-char' (Sat Session) and could also drop by at his shop to say 'Hello'. (Sunday - close).

Please view my latest acquisition at the Review column'

DC

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »
gd idea.... fix a date as soon.... subang ss19 got famous 'barn mian' then opposite summit there got 'misai kari mee' and 'foo gua fun' then opposie carrefour got pork noodle....

any other recommendation? i dont stay there.... so pls recommend some gd food....

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
Hi Henry, good to see you posting here :)
I was in UpTown last week but this week onward I will be stuck in Shah Alam Giant (yes, the hypermarket) for a while..a on going project here :)

I can't really access any other forum except this one,maybe because the client filter "forum", "mail", "facebook", etc in their network LOL! I can only post in MWF now :D

When do you guy want to meet up? In USJ Submit? Or?

Offline sshark

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 12:22:42 PM »
Looks like quite a number of ppl also know Lam in Summit USJ. I didn't had good experience in dealing with him but then as bad as yen. So far I only bought 1 from him :) Lam is a typical biz man.

Hope to catch up with u guys some day. :)

/lim/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:27:03 PM by sshark »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 02:59:21 PM »
lol... yes. lam is businessman... all open shop is doing business... so cant really blame him...
but bout my incident... that is quite long ago.... before the antiquorum omega mania...
so at that time rm6k for flightmaster is fair... net only selling usd1.5 to 2k....

where exactly the simon shop opposite taylor?