Author Topic: What is on your wrist today?  (Read 357226 times)

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
Re: What is on your wrist today?
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2014, 08:15:02 AM »
Germany n Gold...

Nice watch.

Just curious, is this Glashutte related to the now Glashutte Original watches? Thanks. :)
Seiko fan.....

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #301 on: March 13, 2014, 08:55:11 AM »
hi KK

Lovely Glashutte Spezimatic in mint condition made by GUB in Eastern Germany between 1964-1980 before the fall of Berlin Wall
The father of the current GO Senator Sixties
Excellent caliber design but  read that materials were compromised to keep costs down..typical of Eastern bloc products..
Can you pm me on how much u got it for and from where..
I have a rough idea of the mkt value.

Germany n Gold...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:59:08 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »
Joseph,  you are right on glashutte as the same company who makes glashutte watch during communist era n what now we know as glashutte original. They have the same sign!  But correction on the model... shown is a Glashutte hand wound 70.3 Q1. Q1 means its from the best quality of the model. Some say it's akin to chronometer? . Base model usually goes by 70.1 n 70.2 ... 70 is the movement caliber n x.1 or 2 or 3 denotes the quality more like wat we have for ETA movement. Spezimatic is actually movement using 18800bph automatic. And there is also spezichron... n GUB cal.28.... very nice colorful company.. for a communist owned... very easy to confuse cos the look is quite similar. ..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:37:04 AM by rainbowfix »

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2014, 10:12:58 AM »
thanks KK for the clarification :thumbsup:
Is there a source of info on these GUB watches apart from uncle google?
How is the precision of your GUB piece?

Joseph,  you are right on glashutte as the same company who makes glashutte watch during communist era n what now we know as glashutte original. They have the same sign!  But correction on the model... shown is a Glashutte hand wound 70.3 Q1. Q1 means its from the best quality of the model. Some say it's akin to chronometer? . Base model usually goes by 70.1 n 70.2 ... 70 is the movement caliber n x.1 or 2 or 3 denotes the quality more like wat we have for ETA movement. Spezimatic is actually movement using 18800bph automatic. And there is also spezichron... n GUB cal.28.... very nice colorful company.. for a communist owned... very easy to confuse cos the look is quite similar. ..
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline kclee66

« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2014, 10:24:20 AM »
Nice Glashutte!

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2014, 10:40:04 AM »
Thanks kclee66, jeepWH n watzisname,

Precision is good for a 40+ year old. Have not really check cos I rotate a lot. But keeping good time but kalah to your spring drive, Joseph.! ;D . Most of glashutte info is from our dear uncle Google. .. n forums like WUS ..
 :Cheers:

Offline woeisong

« Reply #306 on: March 14, 2014, 05:49:49 AM »
Longines mystery dial

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #307 on: March 14, 2014, 07:27:18 AM »
hi KK,

just to share more info on SD..(my hands on SD experience goes as far back as pre-2010 with my SBGC003 which is one of my regular office watch)
Spring Drive's average accuracy (meaning from 1 SD to another) is AFAIK < +1 to 2 secs per week (although GS sets a much lower claim of  < +1/day i.e. <+7 per week)

Fellow mwf owners e.g. david, sean, euclidorus who own SDs can testify to that...
V v few mechanicals can come close, not to mention equal.
Even though there are reports that those v v few mechanical watches can achieve +1-2 secs after a week, its because of +/- compensation from day to day or due to compensated positional accuracy (i.e. due to different resting positions throughout the day/week)
The Spring Drive OTOH is consistently accurate i.e. you can check on a hourly/daily basis. There is no variation in rate regardless of position, shock, temperature. I've spent a lot of time checking out the SDs against super quartz and atomic clocks.

Apart from the SDs, I'm lucky to have a few other mechanicals that can achieve < +1 to 2 secs/day (not per week) e.g. Nomos, Damasko, etc

Precision is good for a 40+ year old. Have not really check cos I rotate a lot. But keeping good time but kalah to your spring drive, Joseph.! ;D . Most of glashutte info is from our dear uncle Google. .. n forums like WUS ..
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:33:47 AM by JOS2012 »

Offline watzisname

« Reply #308 on: March 14, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »
Technically, the Spring Drive movement is a hybrid; so abit unfair to compare with fully mechanical movements :P

That said, I'm a big fan  ;D

hi KK,

just to share more info on SD..(my hands on SD experience goes as far back as pre-2010 with my SBGC003 which is one of my regular office watch)
Spring Drive's average accuracy (meaning from 1 SD to another) is AFAIK < +1 to 2 secs per week (although GS sets a much lower claim of  < +1/day i.e. <+7 per week)

Fellow mwf owners e.g. david, sean, euclidorus who own SDs can testify to that...
Even though there are reports that those v v few mechanical watches can achieve +1-2 secs after a week, its because of +/- compensation from day to day or due to compensated positional accuracy (i.e. due to different resting positions throughout the day/week)
The Spring Drive OTOH is consistently accurate i.e. you can check on a hourly/daily basis. There is no variation in rate regardless of position, shock, temperature. I've spent a lot of time checking out the SDs against super quartz and atomic clocks.

Apart from the SDs, I'm lucky to have a few other mechanicals that can achieve < +1 to 2 secs/day (not per week) e.g. Nomos, Damasko, etc

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »
hi
I could have been misinterpreted but my post was not an outright comparison between SD and 100% mechanical as I have both types of such watches and am well aware of the differences as well appreciate both kinds of movements.

Instead I was highlighting an issue where some watch forummers  have in the past mentioned that their mechanical watches are also capable of achieving < +1-2 secs/ week. I was merely pointing out that it is not outright daily precision/rate per se on the part of their watches but the 'accuracy' was a very lucky coincidence of compensation due to the averaging of rates due to different positioning.

Hope this clarifies my earlier post.

Technically, the Spring Drive movement is a hybrid; so abit unfair to compare with fully mechanical movements :P

hi KK,

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:08:38 AM by JOS2012 »

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2014, 09:19:16 AM »
Hi Joseph,

Good explanation on the sd. Its a marvellous movement... imho great japan inovation born out of need of prefection... research for more than 10?years....anyway here is my Spezimatic Joseph.

Blue n White

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »
If I don't see you at the coming vintage gtg (if it materialises), I may just have to make a trip to wherever you are to view your many vintages...  :D

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #312 on: March 14, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »
Joseph, 

I will try to make it pn the 5th april.... I want to see other members vintages too...

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #313 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
Let's see what other dates Godzillaz and llcj can propose as both of them have pretty impressive vintages...
As they have confirmed that they can't make it on April 5 a shame to miss them out.

Let's hope the other vintage collectors can accommodate any of the the dates given by both of them.

llcj & Godzillaz, over to you.

Joseph, 

I will try to make it pn the 5th april.... I want to see other members vintages too...

Offline llcj

« Reply #314 on: March 14, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »
I am ok for all weekends after Apr 5, until the school holidays in late May.

Offline watzisname

« Reply #315 on: March 14, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »

hi
I could have been misinterpreted but my post was not an outright comparison between SD and 100% mechanical as I have both types of such watches and am well aware of the differences as well appreciate both kinds of movements.

Instead I was highlighting an issue where some watch forummers  have in the past mentioned that their mechanical watches are also capable of achieving < +1-2 secs/ week. I was merely pointing out that it is not outright daily precision/rate per se on the part of their watches but the 'accuracy' was a very lucky coincidence of compensation due to the averaging of rates due to different positioning.

Hope this clarifies my earlier post.

hi KK,

Offline Devilzzz44

« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:49 AM »
Taking this 30yrs old Citizen vintage for a spin today :)

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2014, 07:30:37 AM »
Taking this 30yrs old Citizen vintage for a spin today :)

A new crystal will make it looks fabulous.

BTW Bonjour! French N Lip ..Tritium glore...  :laugh: ...

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2014, 07:44:42 AM »
The case and internal bezel looks just like my Polaris..
The dial & hands are typical of French flair.... :laugh:

Offline Yoda

« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2014, 07:46:14 AM »
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2014, 01:46:30 PM »
The case and internal bezel looks just like my Polaris..
The dial & hands are typical of French flair.... :laugh:

haha :laugh: Just a polaris wannabe... Much affordable without alarm... so special is the tritium on the inner bezel.. so much of them... :thumbsup:

Offline llcj

« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »
17 is my favorite number... enjoy.

Offline sean

« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
17 is my favorite number... enjoy.

Wow this is nice, you really have a lot lovely vintage pcs. :thumbsup:

Offline llcj

« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
Wow this is nice, you really have a lot lovely vintage pcs. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro! Its all sweat and blood getting them!

Offline Yoda

« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda