Author Topic: TUDOR BB GMT  (Read 6322 times)

Offline skipplim

TUDOR BB GMT
« on: November 08, 2019, 03:56:19 PM »
Recently when I was in Switzerland I went to well known AD Boutique shop.

When I ask the sales person about the Tudor GMT stainless steel bracelet, he ask to hold on and will check for me. He came back with a smile and with a GMT in his hand and say...Mister...you are lucky today. We only have this last unit. The watch was not on display. I wonder why?

Sure is my lucky day. So he measured my wrist and cut off 4 links. I wore the watch....it looks BIG and still loose on my tiny wrist.

Now I don't know what to do with this watch.

Would appreciate your comments.

Offline Watchxcraze

Re: TUDOR BB GMT
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 03:58:55 PM »
Put on some weight

Offline Sathiskumar

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 04:09:21 PM »
You removed 4 links and it's still loose... what is your wrist size?  ???

If you're unhappy with the watch, just sell it. Otherwise, it won't be getting the wrist time it deserves.  ;)

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 05:27:08 PM »
You can swap the bracelet with NATO/leather straps.

If you really like the watch, you will try 1001 methods to put it on no matter how.

Offline skipplim

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 05:46:38 PM »
Put on some weight

Hehehe... tried for years unable to achieve it.  No matter how much I eat.
Thank you.

Offline skipplim

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 05:51:15 PM »
You removed 4 links and it's still loose... what is your wrist size?  ???

If you're unhappy with the watch, just sell it. Otherwise, it won't be getting the wrist time it deserves.  ;)

My wrist size 15cm. What will be the market price for this? Few of AD in KL told me long waiting list. True?

Offline skipplim

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 05:54:21 PM »
You can swap the bracelet with NATO/leather straps.

If you really like the watch, you will try 1001 methods to put it on no matter how.

I like the SS bracelet, easier to maintain. But might try on the Nato or leather.  Thank you.

Offline Sathiskumar

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 07:25:25 PM »
My wrist size 15cm. What will be the market price for this? Few of AD in KL told me long waiting list. True?

I'm not sure about the waiting list at AD. I can find them easily online at chrono24. New ones are going for around RM15k or higher.

Offline dexson

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 08:06:05 PM »
I agree with you that the BB GMT is really big. It was one of my purchase shortlist watch but AD told me to put full deposit onto it and i will be placed on the 19th waiting slot. I did not proceed as I need to try on the watch before making a purchase decision.

End up, I bumped into a nice chap across a cafe wearing that watch. I went over to strike a conversation with him and tried on the watch. to my surprise, the watch look damn good on pics and the internet but not so well balanced on my wrist. Its too think in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't place the deposit.

That being said, it does look good on that chap's wrist and his wrist is noticeably smaller than my wrist. Might have something to do with the angle tho.. the front profile looks great !

If I were you, I will put it on a leather strap with contrast stitching [alot bespoke strapmakers out there] to carry the gmt. Make sure the strap is thick enough so it wont be top heavy.

In any way, the watch is a great watch and you should enjoy it to the fullest since you got it already ! Imaging 18 people placed full deposit to wait for the watch ! and that's just in ONE AD !

take care, regards,

Offline skipplim

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 06:30:08 AM »
I agree with you that the BB GMT is really big. It was one of my purchase shortlist watch but AD told me to put full deposit onto it and i will be placed on the 19th waiting slot. I did not proceed as I need to try on the watch before making a purchase decision.

End up, I bumped into a nice chap across a cafe wearing that watch. I went over to strike a conversation with him and tried on the watch. to my surprise, the watch look damn good on pics and the internet but not so well balanced on my wrist. Its too think in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't place the deposit.

That being said, it does look good on that chap's wrist and his wrist is noticeably smaller than my wrist. Might have something to do with the angle tho.. the front profile looks great !

If I were you, I will put it on a leather strap with contrast stitching [alot bespoke strapmakers out there] to carry the gmt. Make sure the strap is thick enough so it wont be top heavy.

In any way, the watch is a great watch and you should enjoy it to the fullest since you got it already ! Imaging 18 people placed full deposit to wait for the watch ! and that's just in ONE AD !

take care, regards,
Thank you Dexson for your input. Gud sharing. Will try out leather or Nato.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Offline skipplim

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 06:33:56 AM »

I'm not sure about the waiting list at AD. I can find them easily online at chrono24. New ones are going for around RM15k or higher.
I have checked all over the net and Chrono sells from USD4k to USD5K,  which is about RM20+K. RM15K is local Retail price. u r lucky to have found one at RM15K at Chrono.

Offline Sathiskumar

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 08:05:19 AM »
I have checked all over the net and Chrono sells from USD4k to USD5K,  which is about RM20+K. RM15K is local Retail price. u r lucky to have found one at RM15K at Chrono.

You can find them here. I'm not kidding but they come with leather straps only.

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/black-bay-gmt-pepsi-m79830--id12632567.htm

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/heritage-41-mm-black-bay-gmt-ref-m79830rb-0002--id11329176.htm

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/black-bay-gmt-pepsi-ref-79830rb---aus-2019-ungetragen--id12718000.htm

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/black-bay-gmt-79830--id10990635.htm

Offline skipplim

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »

You can find them here. I'm not kidding but they come with leather straps only.

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/black-bay-gmt-pepsi-m79830--id12632567.htm

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/heritage-41-mm-black-bay-gmt-ref-m79830rb-0002--id11329176.htm

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/black-bay-gmt-pepsi-ref-79830rb---aus-2019-ungetragen--id12718000.htm

https://www.chrono24.my/tudor/black-bay-gmt-79830--id10990635.htm

Leather straps aplenty. Stainless Steel bracelet not many. Thank you.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 08:08:17 AM »
You can just sell it off, easily.

Offline axaxax

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 09:56:58 AM »
Owned a Tudor BB GMT for quite a while. Date jump issue remains an ongoing issue. Watch is now in RSC for 2nd attempt to solve the issue with 3mths waiting period.

As for the bracelet. RSC has quoted RM3.2k.
You can easily get an aftermarket steel bracelet for it at strapcode website. The riveted design steel bracelet is it hit or miss for some. Check out the strapcode version which draws more resemblance to Rolex's version.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline skipplim

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 03:26:28 PM »
Owned a Tudor BB GMT for quite a while. Date jump issue remains an ongoing issue. Watch is now in RSC for 2nd attempt to solve the issue with 3mths waiting period.

You can easily get an aftermarket steel bracelet for it at strapcode website. The riveted design steel bracelet is it hit or miss for some. Check out the strapcode version which draws more resemblance to Rolex's version.

Yes, there were issues on the date jump on earlier batches when they first launch it. I was told by Switzerland AD, since 2019 all GMTs do not have such issue anymore.

If RSC unable to resolve the issue, it is their duty to sent back to Swiss to solve it.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline samuelk

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 10:40:25 AM »
I get the feeling, sell it and get something else that you really like.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 06:37:33 PM »

Yes, there were issues on the date jump on earlier batches when they first launch it. I was told by Switzerland AD, since 2019 all GMTs do not have such issue anymore.

If RSC unable to resolve the issue, it is their duty to sent back to Swiss to solve it.

Thanks for sharing.

Sadly the problem is still happening. Some watches, as indicated above are going in for a second time while some late 2019 watches are showing the problem. Tudor will solve the problem, hopefully sooner then later.