Author Topic: Leads towards Painted Dials  (Read 5805 times)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Leads towards Painted Dials
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:04:46 AM »
I like to start a new project to send a watch dial for painting @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2017/12/painted-dials.html. I have Googled around, and found some foreign dial painters but the logistic sending to and fro would be a bit costly and unnerving. I have my known watchsmiths that help me with older watches; but they remarked that what I had in mind was more for younger watchsmiths with an artistic mind. Any leads for such a project in Malaysia? Samples as per below :

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline dexson

Re: Leads towards Painted Dials
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:17:10 AM »
Wow ! I have no such contact but Im Amazed of the PAMs with painted dail ! Good luck with your project and hope that you do share some outcome of your project to us if any gets kickoff !

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 06:33:16 AM »
Wow ! I have no such contact but Im Amazed of the PAMs with painted dail ! Good luck with your project and hope that you do share some outcome of your project to us if any gets kickoff !

Thanks for your well wishes. I would really like to kickstart this ASAP but there had been no local leads as yet. Will wait and ponder for a while more, afterwhich I could go on the DIY route with Google and Youtube as my guides. The concern I have was that I would mess up the dial; but then again, we only live once so what the heck!
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline dexson

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:03:33 AM »

Thanks for your well wishes. I would really like to kickstart this ASAP but there had been no local leads as yet. Will wait and ponder for a while more, afterwhich I could go on the DIY route with Google and Youtube as my guides. The concern I have was that I would mess up the dial; but then again, we only live once so what the heck!

As you wrote in your blog that the dial need repairs/replacement anyway.. No harm done ! Whats the worse that can happen ? - Good luck with it ! :thumbsup: :Cheers:

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:18:49 AM »
LOL, that was what I thought too  :thumbsup:

Offline Timeless

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:00:27 AM »
Indeed an amazing initiative, hardly seen this art work in Malaysia market. Give it a shot and all the best!