Author Topic: buying watch from online - Japan  (Read 5445 times)

Offline watchdog01

buying watch from online - Japan
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
Hi Sifus,

Im planning to get a watch (ard RM7k). The only place i can find it is online. Watch is swiss New old stock from Japan. Previously i bought some stuff from ebay & they arrived ok. Since this is my biggest purchase to date , your feedback is very much appreciated.
1. is it risky to buy online for this amount
2. seller is sending via EMS. Is this method safe enough or should i request by fedex / DHL etc?
4. Since, the seller declares full amount, & if sent via EMS what are the chances it will mysteriously disappear upon arrival here? . Insurance is provided.
3. any experiences with buying from japan?
4. Should i do it  ???

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Offline JohnLee

Re: buying watch from online - Japan
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 06:09:19 PM »
I think fedex better and safer.

Offline ttan89

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:35:59 PM »
Will our 'trusted' Customs not open the package and decide to impose duties
and Taxes?

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 02:50:24 AM »
Wont be open but get ready to pay the gst of 7k. Yes i did it before by fedex.

Offline Yoda

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:30:04 AM »
Yes do it. You live once ony.

From my experience Japan ship all packages safely via EMS.

Should the package lost you have recourse against the seller if you paypal

Unless its a very small package custom will surely spotted it. And yes GST payable

Go for it
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:43:44 AM »
Is it also same if we fedex a expensive watch fr msia to other countries?? Safe? Shd we buy insurance? I remember fedex doesnt cover much right? Have u ever fedex a rolex without insurance? Thanks all

Offline Yoda

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 05:46:00 AM »
Is it also same if we fedex a expensive watch fr msia to other countries?? Safe? Shd we buy insurance? I remember fedex doesnt cover much right? Have u ever fedex a rolex without insurance? Thanks all

If you're selling, not same. Fedex from Malaysia to other countries MUST purchase insurance. UPS covers better. DHL stop taking insurance, I think too many fraud cases.

Let me share one nightmare here. I sent one watch Fedex from Malaysia to US. I already packed the watch in the box so the counter staff has not seen the watch inside. Definitely there is a watch inside because I packed it. When the watch reached US the buyer said no watch inside, immediately he filed paypal complain and freeze my paypal account pending investigation.

If you as a seller has done all that is required e.g. provide tracking, cooperate in the paypal investigation, you may be given a "Seller protection".

Fortunately I purchased insurance. The seller file a report to Fedex and Fedex did their own investigation and enquired the US's Custom no results, so I got paid by the insurance coverage. The buyer get back the money.

Imagine if the buyer actually received the watch and claim that there is no watch inside the box, this is fraud. By right in any country a police report should be filed before can report to Fedex and subsequently the seller got paid. The reason for the police report is also to deter possible fraud committed by buyer. But I think there are loop holes in the system where ppl can take advantage. Hence I am not surprise in future all the courier companies will stop taking insurance. Then you may have to purchase a 3rd party policy.

When you send the watch I recommend you to take a photo at the Fedex counter with the staff if possible so that there is proof that there is a watch inside. Hope this is valuable to you guys.
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 06:19:20 AM »
Yes i thought abt above scenario. Thats why i record a short video when i open and pack a watch parcel. To prevent things like that happen. However, i still prefer cod face to face better. Too many fraud cases happening everyday. Sender or receiver can be conned like your nightmare. Receive it and claim nothing inside or send nothing and claim got watch insids.