Author Topic: Tag quartz calibration and battery change  (Read 5757 times)

Offline Nutralife

• Freshie
Tag quartz calibration and battery change
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »
I recently sent my quartz Tag Heuer Aquaracer to a shop for trade in evaluation. I was offered a price but decided to keep it.

Now the watch is a chronograph watch and at that time the minute and 1/10 second counter wasn’t at the 0 position. Also one of the clasp spring pin was broken. I asked if the pin can be replaced and the Chronograph be set back to the zero position... the watch was brought to the back to be checked. A few moments later I was told that I needed  to replace the battery as it was weak.
I  asked how much for the battery replacement and I was told rm80. Since the watch was still running fine,  I told the SA that I don’t want the battery replaced. I just needed the second hands rectified and the pin replaced. The SA then went back again. A few moments later SA Came back and told me that they can’t fix the problem if the battery was weak as it will ‘run’ again and they didn’t have the pin. I was asked to go back to Tag service Centre to get the replacement pin. Since I was there I told the SA to proceed changing the battery and rectify the second hands position. I thought I could try looking for the pin later on but unable to fix the second hands myself. After waiting some time the watch was brought back to me with the second and 1/10’second hands all at the 12 o clock position. Surprisingly they also managed to get the pin and fixed the clasp. I was pleased and decided to get the watch polished as well.

After getting the watch back I tried searching the internet and found out that indeed you could calibrate back the second hands position without opening up the watch or using any tool. Knowing that fact I felt so foolish. I don’t know if it was just by chance... a week later after getting back the watch, I found out that the chronograph start button isn’t working anymore. It did work when I tested at the shop tho.

What do you guys think. Did you know that you could calibrate back the watch to 0 position?

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Tag quartz calibration and battery change
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 08:32:05 PM »
I think your user manual will have the instructions. Else send back to Tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nutralife

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »
I thought the second hands came loose. Never thought of reading the manual :p. Eventually I found out it can be reset back to 0. Got a tutorial from YouTube. Just wondering if I was the only ignorant one. Also important to find an honest watch shop.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:41:37 AM »
just send back to Tag Service Centre for peace of mind and I believe they do provide warranty after your watched was serviced by them