Author Topic: TISSOT After Sales Service  (Read 7263 times)

Offline sonic_sphere

TISSOT After Sales Service
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
Hi all,
I'm about to buy one of their latest MotoGP Limited Edition...

I have done some research about their after sales service... according to their official website, the watch need to be serviced in 4-5 years, which need to be sent to their HQ (Wisma Goldhill)... they also have stated a list of maintenance fee (depending on watch type) as for T-Race model will cost around 700... however the good thing is they will cover 24 months warranty after the service...

My question is... what if I do not send it for service after 4-5 years? Is it neccessary for me if my watch is working and functioning good? Anybody can share some experience about this...

Oh ya, from the page also, they have stated the price of battery replacement is 250 (including minor service)...

Tq!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:56:34 PM by sonic_sphere »

Offline mongourou

Re: TISSOT After Sales Service
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
A quartz watch around RM3,500 requiring a RM700 every 4-5 years and RM250 every couple of years for the battery. At this price I believe they don’t service but fully replace the movement.

So as long as it works no need to service it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline thickface

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »
Like above said. Service only if there is a problem. If you take good care of watches, it can survive for centuries. But for your case, just need to change the batteries every 3-5 years estimated?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 02:57:58 AM »
All Tissot quartz movement has battery EOL (end of life) indication feature. When the watch second hand jump at 4 seconds interval, then you know it's time to change the battery.

There is no need a full service for quartz watch until the special functions or special features are not working well, eg. Chronograph, thermometer, campus... etc.