Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: WTS: Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch Cal. 861 Vintage  (Read 5193 times)

Offline jason_loh

• Freshie
WTS: Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch Cal. 861 Vintage
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:36:43 AM »
Hi all, selling my Omega Speedmaster Professional moon watch ref. ST145022, cal. 861, serial #48220xxx circa 1986 vintage.

Watch is in average condition with mostly stock period correct parts and in unpolished condition. In full disclosure, below would be some additional detailed description:

Bezel: Slight dent to the bezel ?at 8-9 o’clock? position. Insert still ok.

Dial: Rare long/dropped “S” and “R” on “Speedmaster” which is exclusive in mid 80’s model only. Dial is clean and has developed a beautiful deep patina. 

Hands: Hands are all original stock except for the main sweep second hand which has been replaced with current original Omega part. There are some missing tritium lume from the minute hand but I choose to keep it as such.

Case: Case is unpolished but has signs of use such as dents and scratches as expected from a more than 30 years old watch. Somehow still looks sharp.

Caseback: Caseback has some scratches due to poor case opening in the past.

Movement: Correct cal. 861 clean, keeping good time with full movement service done on 1993 (oversea) and April 2009 by local watchmaker. Unfortunately I lost the service paper.

All harsh details in describing the watch cosmetic condition are provided in full disclosure. Nevertheless it’s still quite handsome, stunning and iconic on the wrist.

Selling with aftermarket leather strap and aftermarket omega logo tang buckle only.

Asking a fair RM9800 for this vintage moon watch. Price is realistic and reflective of its condition/package despite its rarity.

I'm located at Sri Hartamas KL. Please feel free to contact me (Jason) at 01two-212086five for any enquiries. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jason_loh

• Freshie
Re: WTS: Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch Cal. 861 Vintage
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:38:36 PM »
Watch sold to a very nice collector. Thank you buyer and MWF!