Author Topic: Buying online...  (Read 6611 times)

Offline DUF1220

• Freshie
Buying online...
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:16:25 AM »
I may be getting a good deal buying online from a UK AD for a particular watch [minus the VAT and free international shipping] since our local AD seems not to be interested with my business... Sigh  :Mad: My earlier posting here: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=19002.0

This will be my first online purchase for a watch. A few questions remains:

1. as watches are supposed to be tax free, will I be slapped with any other taxes?
2. what about GST?
3. any other shipping/hidden costs from our [Malaysia] end that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your replies.

Offline gchee

Re: Buying online...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »
You will have to pay gst plus pos laju clearing fee

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »
Gchee is right, just the GST and handling charges. If you are buying Sinns you have to be a little careful as the authorised resellers may not handle your order as it comes from a country where Sinn is represented. Very leceh I know but that's what it is. A long time ago when I was in Frankfurt, I visited Sinn to buy but they say cannot as I come from Malaysia which is represented! Can you beat that????

Also please note you take a risk in getting your watch stolen in transit....it does happen, so insure adequately and get buyer's protection. Not encouraging I know but better be safe, Good luck!

Offline DUF1220

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 07:59:31 AM »
Gchee is right, just the GST and handling charges. If you are buying Sinns you have to be a little careful as the authorised resellers may not handle your order as it comes from a country where Sinn is represented. Very leceh I know but that's what it is. A long time ago when I was in Frankfurt, I visited Sinn to buy but they say cannot as I come from Malaysia which is represented! Can you beat that????

Also please note you take a risk in getting your watch stolen in transit....it does happen, so insure adequately and get buyer's protection. Not encouraging I know but better be safe, Good luck!

The GST charged is only on the handling fees and NOT on the watch itself right?

Thanks on your advise on the insurance :)

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:48:26 AM »

The GST charged is only on the handling fees and NOT on the watch itself right?

Thanks on your advise on the insurance :)

nope they whack the 6% on the watch as well. You cannot undervalue as it will affect your insurance valuation.