Poll

Will you buy property before or after GST ?

After GST
0 (0%)
waiting for great timing
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Buy house now?before ?or after GST ?  (Read 6477 times)

Offline piew

Buy house now?before ?or after GST ?
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:49:44 AM »
Actually , I'm wondering the property's price and property sales will affected because so many people worry about the price hikes now. For you , which one is better ? Buy house after or before GST ?

Offline CKL1213

Re: Buy house now?before ?or after GST ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
If they say is before GST, then how? You go buy a house now?

Offline venuus

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »
Other I do not know about the price will hike or not but I can sure to tell you that the house price 100% will hike after GST. so you just keep calm anf quite. Keep your money and not to buy house for this moment. Because GST will be applied very soon and this will affect the housing loan. Because of the GST every cost price will hike and also the interest rate of the mortgage. 

Offline tayaki

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 06:00:29 PM »
Actually , I'm wondering the property's price and property sales will affected because so many people worry about the price hikes now. For you , which one is better ? Buy house after or before GST ?
I heard that someone said before, for GST, residential properties sure will fall under the "Exempt rated' basket of goods. In my opinion , i think the price of property will hike not because of GST only ,more people will buy house in the future. Now, BR already replaced BLR which u can choose which bank you prefer to make loan. You can choose the best bank and see more details and compare it at this website : https://www.hlb.com.my/main/info-centre/personal/loans/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate#/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate

Offline piew

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »
If they say is before GST, then how? You go buy a house now?
I did plan to buy one before GST but now doesn't seem enough time for me to do so

Offline venuus

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:30:08 PM »
I heard that someone said before, for GST, residential properties sure will fall under the "Exempt rated' basket of goods. In my opinion , i think the price of property will hike not because of GST only ,more people will buy house in the future. Now, BR already replaced BLR which u can choose which bank you prefer to make loan. You can choose the best bank and see more details and compare it at this website : https://www.hlb.com.my/main/info-centre/personal/loans/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate#/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate

Ahh. Firstly I thought that after the BR is applied then when buying a house then we need to pay more compare to BLR. What I knew I heard form my friends is the BR effective rate is higher when compare to the BLR effective rate.

Offline piew

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »
it means that we have to pay more for interest if we buy a house? How about the spread rates after GST? Will the effective rate also increase after that ? Because GST implantation , all building materials will and services will subject to GST and sure will increase the cost. If people clearly understand the GST will notice that in most cases, the tax will passed on the final customer.

Offline tayaki

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:35:49 AM »
it means that we have to pay more for interest if we buy a house? How about the spread rates after GST? Will the effective rate also increase after that ? Because GST implantation , all building materials will and services will subject to GST and sure will increase the cost. If people clearly understand the GST will notice that in most cases, the tax will passed on the final customer.
yes ,you don't need to worry about the spread rate, it's fixed and won't affected by GST. SR inclusive bank's cost such as service, risk and operation , these will remain fixed even BR change according to the market's condition.My friend shared me this photo in whatsapp, you can refer to this.http://oi58.tinypic.com/6thhg3.jpg

Offline didikjaya

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »
After the GST there will be a plus point for the residential properties' price to increase.  We may register the residential properties in a lower overall increase in tax burden than that in the commercial properties as the commercial properties are standard rate. Better we go and buy a house if we want to buy becuase although the price will hike we still need a house.