Author Topic: Has anyone done house renovation lately?  (Read 4001 times)

Offline peanut

Has anyone done house renovation lately?
« on: April 25, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »
I have been quiet lately here because of my new job and planning on starting renovation work for my house.  Basically, I am extending my house by 10 ft to include a gym room and have separate wet and dry kitchen.  I am using a contractor for the extension work and possibly getting Signature Kitchen to do the cabinet work.  These plus the home appliances (hob, hood, oven, etc) will cost me at least a good Patek   ;D

Has anyone done this recently? With the disaster in Japan, all the building material costs are increasing.  This may not be the right time to do it!

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: Has anyone done house renovation lately?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
It depends on where you are.
But my experience with Signature Kitchen is not good.
They are overpriced and their products are outdated.
I went for China made cabinets Sunpizz (can search online) I'm not sure if it's available in your area.
Quality and service is miles ahead of Signature and the price is 30% less.
Currently my house is equipped with two kitchens, one frm Signature and one frm Sunpizz...
The Sunpizz set is cheaper frm the Signature set and Sunpizz' quality inside and out is definitely better.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Has anyone done house renovation lately?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:56:49 AM »
I have used Signature kitchen before, not only for the kitchen but also for the bedrooms. Not too bad in terms of quality.