Author Topic: How your Clean leather watch strap  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Nickmax

How your Clean leather watch strap
« on: May 20, 2018, 09:50:33 AM »
Wish to hear your experience on How You clean clean leather strap?
I have a watch with leather strap and i sweat a lot.
So I tried washing but feel it is not a proper way.
Also, how do u eliminate the odour that mixed with the sweat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline spacewalker

Re: How your Clean leather watch strap
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »
From my experience, It is preety hard to clean the dirt or get rid odour once the inner leather start to break. The moist had already get into the leather. Sweat can damage the leather.For me,  I will dap a tissue to the leather strap right after a sweaty day or a water splash to my watch during washing my hand. Then let it air dry for a moment. Avoid wear leather strap watch for outdoor activity. I'll only wear my leather strap watch only if I will spent most of my time in an air conditioner area.

Lastly, got a tips from my friend, I will dap a moist cloth to the strap to clean it, and then dry the leather strap using a hair dryer before I store my watch for certain period. It works for me. Next I'm gonna buy some leather wax and use it to prolong the looks of my leather strap.

Offline gregorysze

• Centre Seconds
Re: How your Clean leather watch strap
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »
I usually wipe down my leather straps after a sweaty day with some baby wipes. Following that, I'll just air it out for an hour or so before storing the watches away. Perhaps it's not the best way to completely clean it but it sure beats having the sweat dry up and causing a foul odor after some time.
"You can get a good watch at ANY price point." - Confucius, circa 500 BC.