Author Topic: Omega Service Centre (Swatch Group) Experience  (Read 16740 times)

Offline maxthecat80

• Freshie
Re: Omega Service Centre (Swatch Group) Experience
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »

After roughly 2 weeks, I collected my Speedy last Monday, total cost was RM3711.70 including bezel replacement. I'm somewhat happy with the workmanship, I didnt have high expectation considering the age of the watch and what it went through all those years. The watch now is relatively new looking, a dent from the past is still there but overall it looks good. It looked almost factory except for the bracelet. Instead of keeping the sides of centre links polished, they brushed the whole bracelet. Now my bracelet is all brushed with no polished sides to the centre links. I noticed this when picking up the watch but I didnt mention anything. Probably looks better now that its all brushed, my opinion.

Anyway, since then I sent the watch to an outside repair shop for a dial and hand swap together with a Thomas Preik caseback. Was contemplating between albino and Mitsukoshi, but went with Mitsukoshi in the end. After service from Omega and dial/hands/caseback swap, now the watch looks like this:

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
beautiful mitsukoshi dial

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline edktr

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 01:23:07 PM »

After roughly 2 weeks, I collected my Speedy last Monday, total cost was RM3711.70 including bezel replacement. I'm somewhat happy with the workmanship, I didnt have high expectation considering the age of the watch and what it went through all those years. The watch now is relatively new looking, a dent from the past is still there but overall it looks good. It looked almost factory except for the bracelet. Instead of keeping the sides of centre links polished, they brushed the whole bracelet. Now my bracelet is all brushed with no polished sides to the centre links. I noticed this when picking up the watch but I didnt mention anything. Probably looks better now that its all brushed, my opinion.

Anyway, since then I sent the watch to an outside repair shop for a dial and hand swap together with a Thomas Preik caseback. Was contemplating between albino and Mitsukoshi, but went with Mitsukoshi in the end. After service from Omega and dial/hands/caseback swap, now the watch looks like this:

beautiful mitsukoshi dial

Thank u sir

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2018, 08:51:42 AM »
My experience was also really positive. Speedy was running fast so I emailed Omega whom suggested I bring it in for checking.

Luckily no one was there during the lunch period so I got to the front immediately to take a number, lady was nice and knowledgeable in addressing my concerns.

Within 10 mins it was my number and the PIC handled everything smoothly as well. Within two days I got the call to come back and collect, was carefully explained that it was just magnitised so was asked to be aware of it next time around.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2018, 12:38:25 PM »
My Omega constellation bracelet need extra link and I thought I could ask the watchsmith to simply order the extra link from Omega Service Center.

To my surprise, it can't be done.

Further more, for me to buy the extra link, I must send in my watch to the service center to have authenticity check first. Any shifu experiencing the same process?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:40:56 PM by Cocas »

Offline Eason Leong

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 06:25:34 PM »

Hi,

I'm thinking to do the dail swapping & change the caseback. Where do you swap the dail & change the caseback?