Author Topic: Removing spring bars  (Read 5383 times)

Offline William

• Freshie
Removing spring bars
« on: January 14, 2018, 08:42:13 AM »
Hi guys! I currently own a few watches and some of them have a fold over latch on their steel bracelets at the back of the watch. I find it hard to even move the bracelet out once I have "removed" the spring bar from the hole or maybe I did not even nudge the spring bar out. I have no problems removing the spring bars from my Hamilton Khaki King but on the back of my Longines Conquest, I can't seem to even move the bracelet slightly out of position so I can proceed with the next step. Also, yes. I do have a spring bar removal tool. Any tips or reasons why this is happening on one of my watches and not the other? What is the best way to go about it?

Offline spacewalker

Re: Removing spring bars
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 10:02:56 AM »
Try to use Bergeon 6825 or Bergeon 7825 tools.

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:09:03 AM »
Hi guys! I currently own a few watches and some of them have a fold over latch on their steel bracelets at the back of the watch. I find it hard to even move the bracelet out once I have "removed" the spring bar from the hole or maybe I did not even nudge the spring bar out. I have no problems removing the spring bars from my Hamilton Khaki King but on the back of my Longines Conquest, I can't seem to even move the bracelet slightly out of position so I can proceed with the next step. Also, yes. I do have a spring bar removal tool. Any tips or reasons why this is happening on one of my watches and not the other? What is the best way to go about it?

u had to remove the clasp before removing the bracelet from each end

Offline wristalk

• Freshie
  • Watch Aficionado
    • wristalk
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:13:43 PM »
Agreed, when the clasp is removed, let the bracelet lies flat and it's easier to work on the removal.  :thumbsup:
SELLING MY PERSONAL COLLECTION AT: http://bit.ly/2DcqE53

Offline Timeless

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »
Springbar pliers would work easily.

Offline spacewalker

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »
I think it is a bit harder to remove the Longines conquest clasp compare to diver clasp for the Hamilton khaki king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk