Author Topic: Sources to sell and search for watches  (Read 6510 times)

Offline WatchGalaxyMelawatiMall

• Freshie
Sources to sell and search for watches
« on: September 20, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »
Hi all,

What website do you guys recommend to sell your watches?

Also, do you guys specifically use certain websites or pages to find your watches and to compare prices? If so, what websites do you guys use?

Feel free to drop your comment here.

Thanks  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline jayz1990

• Freshie
Re: Sources to sell and search for watches
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »
Better off selling in this forum for the best price but it may take a while. Otherwise you can try wingwahwatches. They buy and sell preowned watches too. But they exist to make profit so the bid for your watches can be lower than market price. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline WatchW

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
The 3 Ms (from top to bottom)

MWF
MYristi (Facebook)
Mudah.my

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline Speedy_Fan

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 04:35:33 AM »
Yes be prepared to lose about 40% of your watch price when selling to Wing Wah Watches depending on the brand and model though. I lost that much when I sold my IWC Portofino Chrono which I disposed of it after 1 month buying it brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline thickface

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »
i think better you sell yourself because watch shop will earn alot buying from you and reselling it

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »
Yes be prepared to lose about 40% of your watch price when selling to Wing Wah Watches depending on the brand and model though. I lost that much when I sold my IWC Portofino Chrono which I disposed of it after 1 month buying it brand new.

By golly, that's quite a huge haircut for a 1-month old watch! BTA, these pre-owned shops need to take in the watches as low as possible to guarantee their profit and opportunity cost while holding the stock. If you have to sell to them, the better scenario would be during trade-in; at least you could try to secure a lower price on your intended piece. A personal sale would be the best bet to hedge against a big haircut.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline callmechung

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »

By golly, that's quite a huge haircut for a 1-month old watch! BTA, these pre-owned shops need to take in the watches as low as possible to guarantee their profit and opportunity cost while holding the stock. If you have to sell to them, the better scenario would be during trade-in; at least you could try to secure a lower price on your intended piece. A personal sale would be the best bet to hedge against a big haircut.

Thing is dealers can't sell the watch too close to the new price, whether it was one month or not. They are a business, and ask any end user which they would buy, a one month old watch close to the price of a new one or just a new one, it's a no brainer which one you would buy. Even an unworn one cannot be too close to the retail price, so what more a worn watch. I dabble a bit in selling online so the prices goes like that. Any higher you would be earning very little after expenses, or worst yet cannot sell!

Offline callmechung

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
i think better you sell yourself because watch shop will earn alot buying from you and reselling it

Agreed. For best deal sell them yourself online. Just make sure customer don't come back to you when they encounter a problem, which they will which can be quite a headache. If you received it in working condition, any problem after that is not my problem.. if you have worries, don't buy from end user.