Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: [WTS] BREITLING Callisto Chronograph Lemania1873-FULL SET(Highly Collectible!!!)  (Read 7818 times)

Offline Olkuu0205

• GLORIOUS TIMEPIECE GTC 8 STUDIO (JR0140366-M)
Read all the description before u scroll down. :Dancing_banana:

Ever since Breitling founded in 1884 they have been serving various professionals with chronographs and precision counters. The modern Luxury Watches that they produce today are made with the same ideology as they were back then. Today they have become more precise and technologically advanced. One of the Proof of this is the creation of their Callisto Collection. The design is still very similar to the modern model like chronomat which retail at 33k and colt chronograph retail at 22-23k price.

This watch is truly for collectors and watch enthusiasts into high-end watchmaking, unlike the conventional parts of the automatic or quartz BREITLING model, this model beats Breitling caliber B11 regulated by breitling. This movement was based on the legendary LEMANIA 1873 movement! In breitling only the Callisto and old Navitimer is use of this movement which is very rare in production.

The movement is one of the reason makes this watch so special. The Callisto Chrono is powered by a Breitling Caliber 11 movement, which is a manual winding chronograph based on the most famous Lemania 1873 (also used by Omega for its  Legendary historical “Moon Watch” Speedmaster).
The lemania 1873 is proven being a rugged and very high quality chronograph with a better power reserve and more smooth chronograph function than a ETA/valjoux 7750 or 7760.

The Lemania 1873 was originally a mass produced movement; but now it stand on a exclusive status, and is equally more costly. It is highly regarded because it is reliable,cleverly built, and most inportant is beautiful ! This movement is still used nowadays in omega watch.

Brands using this movement aside from Omega, included Breitling, Chronoswiss, Baume, Tag, Breguet.. till around 2002, Swatch Group limited the availability of this exclusive Lemania movements inside its own company. The lemania 1873 in particular, was restricted only to Omega watch. It is almost impossible to have a watch equipped with a Lemania movement outside from the Swatch group nowadays. This is also one of the reason make this watch is highly collectible.
(Currently a omega speedmaster retail at 19-22k)

Below shows some photo of proof that omega moon watch movement info taken from other online source:

One of the particularity of this movement is the use of a “Delrin” brake, which is a piece of hard synthetic material designed used to stop the chronograph wheel. It is durable and self-lubricating, therefore probably better suited for the job than its metal counterpart. The delrin brake is same used by Omega in the current speedmaster model with solid caseback(the speedmaster with display-back versions have the brake replaced by a piece of metal)

This is a real rare collection u hardly can see in Malaysia. I've been a watch collector, I'm not a merchant. I know the watch value based on the watch condition and I won't simple put a ridiculous price so deal with confidence. For the record I only keep genuine & authentic watch in my collection.
Just for your infomation, an old common version or smaller size full-set price on market online u can see is also up to 7.5-9k, and I believe dealing online the safety issue and time is the most concern by most of the buyers for such a luxury goods.
I decide to let go with Rm7,000 for this whole set. COD welcome.
Bear in mind This is with full-set with all the papers, breitling certificate, box for this rare combination version.

Below Shows some proof of the value of watch which can see is cost a lot more higher in market taken from other online source

If u have do research, u will found this model is comes with vary of version of dial combination and case size.
The one I own is the most rare combination which is biggest size at 36.5mm and 12.4mm heights and it is with gold baton markers in white black which also know as "panda dial". It's hold high similarity to Rolex Daytona Panda dial. (Refer photo below taken from online source)

My actual watch photo: U won't believe this nearly mint condition is dated at years 1991.

Description:
Movement: Breitling B11 manual chronograph based Lemania 1873 with total 234-components (watch done service on years 2016 by professional watchmaker, all the part is original breitling, no any sign of rusted or corossion which is most important!)
Jewels: 17 Jewels
Vibration Per Hour: 21,600/bph
Power Reserve: 42hours
Dial: Original Breitling Panda Dial signed "Breitling", "SWISS MADE" and with gold baton markers (Common version only comes with lume paint with "12" at twelve o'clock position which will cause aging from time to time)
Function: 12Hours counters, 30minutes counters, subsidiary second
hands: Original breitling Gold baton hands
Crown: Original breitling winding crown with Triple "Onion" crown (Refer photo)
Case size: 36.5mm high polish stainless steel case excluding crown (not the common version with brushed polish case and with smaller case size)
Glass: Original flat sapphire glass (untouched original)
Bezel: Uni-directional Rotating Bezel in very solid feel with 60 clicks and 12,3,6,9 screwed with "18k Gold Riders tabs"
Lug to Lug: 41mm
Lug width: 18mm
Strap: leather strap Made In Italy cost almost RM4xx. (easily match with any kind of strap as u like because of the combination of the dial colour)
Buckle: Breitling signed buckle
Water Resistance: 30m/3bar (instead of just being collection like those vintage watch, its also can wear daily because of the capability of water resistance)

Welcome to contact me at wechat=olkuu0205 or whatsapp +60163876108 Mr.chia
(Watch just done service at years 2016)

Below have a link from hodinkee show how amazing to service a lemania movement with 234-components in a omega speedmaster(Must watch!)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/servicing-the-speedmster-at-manfredi

Some other nice Breitling photo :Dancing_banana:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:03:52 PM by Olkuu0205 »
A GENUINE WATCH COLLECTOR

Offline Olkuu0205

After serious consideration I decide to let go with RM6499. Serious buyer do not hesitate text me at 016-3876108. This is a very rare collector piece with everything in original Breitling full-set! What you see is what u get!  :thumbsup:

Watch done regular service on last year 2016 by my familiar professional watchmaker. Just bought and enjoy!
Time is running superb precise and ACCURATE than any of the vintage watch in my collection!!!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:55:04 PM by Olkuu0205 »

Offline Olkuu0205

Serious buyer please do not hesitate to text me. :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/e5VmKEwWMWU

The link is the video of the whole actual watch showing.

Offline Olkuu0205

For serious buyer pls text my number, I would consider just give a little more down from the price! Is really my lost. Hope u guys grab this chance. I wish to help her find a new owner...  :Cheers:

A Vacheron constantin has used Lemania1873 based movement!   :laugh:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:28:24 PM by Olkuu0205 »

Offline Olkuu0205

Sold! Thanks everyone!