Author Topic: What do you think of a Rolex Submariner Two-Tone?  (Read 10551 times)

Offline alex chong

What do you think of a Rolex Submariner Two-Tone?
« on: July 16, 2017, 01:57:45 PM »
Thoughts on the Rolex Submariner Two-Tone. How well received are these in Malaysia? Rarely see this on the wrists as opposed to other Subs. Any possible reasons?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline chfoong

Re: What do you think of a Rolex Submariner Two-Tone?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
It's my next to get watch, simply gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gchee

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
I had a bluesy before. It's a very nice watch. The thing is I can't use it as a daily watch even though it's a submariner.  If you work in an corporate environment it's perfect. I miss my bluesy sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline alex chong

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »
Contemplating too!

Offline alex chong

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 02:17:39 PM »
I had a bluesy before. It's a very nice watch. The thing is I can't use it as a daily watch even though it's a submariner.  If you work in an corporate environment it's perfect. I miss my bluesy sometimes.

Tends to be too showy at times yeah? One factor I'm thinking about too.

Offline gchee

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 02:25:28 PM »

I don't wear it daily that's why I feel it attracts attn but if you use it daily you'll probably get use to it.

Offline alex chong

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 02:26:51 PM »

I don't wear it daily that's why I feel it attracts attn but if you use it daily you'll probably get use to it.

Thanks good to know somebody out there has the same concern too. So it wasnt just me.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 07:36:13 PM »
2 Tone Blue Sub is one of the nicer PM Rolex i have seen.
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline el118

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 08:56:14 PM »
i had one before. the watch is outstanding, but I found it difficult to match either dress up or casual. sold it not long after I bought it.

The same goes to the Hulk, which I found it difficult to match, even though I believe the price is going to go up soon after it is discon.

Offline alex chong

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 09:09:52 PM »
i had one before. the watch is outstanding, but I found it difficult to match either dress up or casual. sold it not long after I bought it.

The same goes to the Hulk, which I found it difficult to match, even though I believe the price is going to go up soon after it is discon.
The two tone albeit attractive, gotta agree they re a pain to match. A black sub wouldve been more subtle

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

Offline Vykraine

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 09:23:07 PM »
this watch is like a love hate feeling. either u love it or u hate it. For me its really stands out but kinda difficult to match with any outfits. On top of that, it is not too safe to be this showy due to our country's safety. just saying

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 01:00:21 AM »
I have always thought that the 116613LB looks handsome; but have went with the 116610LN and LV, and 116600 instead as these pieces were good to go with any attire, and whether on weekday or weekend. The only TT that I have added into my collection were a couple of DJs. Spotted the 116613LB at Dubai the other day and it was going for a good price, so I must say that I am tempted (could get it on my way back to MY). As it would go, I also spotted the same model here in London (initially was looking for the 326934) and after the VAT refund, the new price was essentially like pre-owned prices back in MY. I still have a week to think it through, but I may just grab a piece here. It's a classic piece, but really nice although the gold links are known to be scratch magnet. Hmmm...
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline alex chong

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 06:55:39 AM »
I have always thought that the 116613LB looks handsome; but have went with the 116610LN and LV, and 116600 instead as these pieces were good to go with any attire, and whether on weekday or weekend. The only TT that I have added into my collection were a couple of DJs. Spotted the 116613LB at Dubai the other day and it was going for a good price, so I must say that I am tempted (could get it on my way back to MY). As it would go, I also spotted the same model here in London (initially was looking for the 326934) and after the VAT refund, the new price was essentially like pre-owned prices back in MY. I still have a week to think it through, but I may just grab a piece here. It's a classic piece, but really nice although the gold links are known to be scratch magnet. Hmmm...
Speaking of which I will be in Europe for the next 3 weeks, have always been told prices are the same. Should really check out the price after VAT. Any idea if prices in Switzerland be cheaper?
A good topic to start a new forum.

Offline Timeless

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 11:25:23 AM »
Common perception of gold watches are mostly in mature age range. Safety wise, is a norm in MY.

Offline gchee

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »
Is the hulk really gonna be discontinued?

Offline alex chong

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 11:54:36 AM »
I remember very much seeing a Rolex Submariner Coke. Offered to me at RM 14k. Thought it was expensive. Fast forward 2 years later. The same piece going for RM 28k.
Outrageous!
Hulk, even more outrageous.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 11:56:56 AM »
I don't care about wearing TT for my age, but I do find it easier to wear it with long sleeves than with short sleeves. If I could turn back time, I would definitely go for TT Sub rather than with he GMT, which I feel has a less busy bezel. Bluesy never appealed to me until I tried it on.

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 03:17:20 PM »
I asked an AD near my hotel in London W1 about the 326934 and 116613LB. Yesterday evening, they called me back and said that they had managed to retrieve a 116613LB, previously reserved for another client. After the discount and VAT refund, it would amount to circa RM45k, as they were charging me an admin fee for the VAT refund so I don't get the full 20% off. I viewed the watch this morning and it was brand new with stickers and in box. Should I pull the trigger? Very tempting...
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline alex chong

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
I asked an AD near my hotel in London W1 about the 326934 and 116613LB. Yesterday evening, they called me back and said that they had managed to retrieve a 116613LB, previously reserved for another client. After the discount and VAT refund, it would amount to circa RM45k, as they were charging me an admin fee for the VAT refund so I don't get the full 20% off. I viewed the watch this morning and it was brand new with stickers and in box. Should I pull the trigger? Very tempting...
Don't ask here. The only answer you will get is a resounding YES from everyone!

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
Well, was expecting to get it at circa RM40k as previously liaised with another dealer vide e-mail and with full VAT refund. However, he had let it go to another customer when I contacted him on Wed for the collection; and the AD near my place had a piece, so it seemed that I may have to pay the extra RM5k. But I would also be going to Dubai after this trip (and I have picked up bargains there previously), so not sure if I could still save a few quids there.

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:19 PM »
I do not know about the price in Malaysia for SubC 2-Tone now but last year December before 2017 January price adjustment, it could be obtained here locally about RM45k to RM48k.
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »
45k before adjustment and 52k today.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »
two tone is the "in" thing now... look at D. Beckamp!!! ;D

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »

Two tone are so stand out from others 

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 03:27:02 PM »

Two tone are so stand out from others 
Nice collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Crown, Rose & Shield~