Author Topic: Accident in Condo Parking can claim for insurance ?  (Read 6726 times)

Offline ViiiLaix

Accident in Condo Parking can claim for insurance ?
« on: May 11, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
Hi guys, I need a quick reply from you. I had never experience incident like this before.

Just started as a very normal day, as my gf drove back to her condo.

As her car park is at level 2, she had to drove up from level  G to 1 and then 2.

BUT.. When she going up to level 2, we have 2 direction, either left or right. as her parking on the right, she turn right.
Then, there was a lady, let name her as AP. AP was going down from level 3. As the only direction after went down is turn right.
BUT she wanted to do a shortcut and illegally turn left where there is NO LEFT SIGN TURNING. This is clearly her mistake.
Where my GF was turning right and AP was turning left. BUMP. ACCIDENT.

As a result, my GF bumper got lobang, grille patah. After checked at workshop, all the damage kena RM####.
As for AP. Her car is fine because her tyre hit my GF car bumper.

If she does not do the illegal turning, the accident could be avoided.  :Confused:

The problem is, AP said she have no money. Give tons of excuses alot here and that.  :Blue:

Then no choice, have to claim for insurance. Should we lodge a police report in order to claim the insurance?
As this is not a road accident, this happen inside condo parking.

Offline ViiiLaix

Re: Accident in Condo Parking can claim for insurance ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:26:08 AM »
think me understand what ur really trying to ask
lemme start with saying me is no expert in all honesty
but u shud report n me think ul b able to claim.

gud luck

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 07:34:46 AM »
In view of the accident is happened on private roads, policie would not provide any 'keputusan', they will refer back to your own insurance company.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
but can u claim insurance without a police report?

did u take pics of the accident? showing that the lady was in the wrong? else later will drag on and that lady will just say u are lying etc.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 10:27:06 AM »
Like what CK mentioned, it was on private road/compound and you may have to claim from your own NCD. If you intend to make the police report, you (referring to your gf as she was the driver) have to make it within 24 hours from the accident. Condos normally have CCTV recordings so you could request for a copy of the recording on accident from the management office.

Just my 2 sen's worth for sharing. I used to dabble in bigger cc bikes and on one occasion a couple of years ago, one of my bikes was nudged down (with me on it still) by a visitor driver in my previous condo. She claimed that she was unaware on the one-way policy around the condo compound. I was on her left at the junction, and we were both supposed to turn right as it was a one-way but she turned left and nudged into me. The she sped off as 2 other drivers came over to help me and my bike up. I was naturally upset and rode like bats out of hell, and caught up with her in the traffic jam ahead. She was noticeably frightened, apologised profusely when I stopped next to her, and later explained that she was a new driver (P), college student (hence no money), visiting her bf (hence don't know her way around the condo), etc.

As there were damages to the bike, I then decided to make a report to claim against her NCD. But I was later advised that it was a private road and I could only claim against my own NCD. (That was some years back and I am not sure if the same attitude applies).

Your insurance company could only claim against the other party if the summons (as per the "keputusan" mentioned by CK earlier) was issued to the other party. I didn't want to lose the NCD so I paid for the repairs; but managed to work out a compensation after serving a legal notice of demand to the party that the visitor registered to visit.

You could also try to re-negotiate with the offending party, for a partial settlement perhaps. Would it cost substantial to get your car in order?
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »
Is there any CCTV footage?
If there is and shown the other party at fault, you may try to file a third party claim against his/her insurance company.

p/s: dashboard camera is important, good to install one.

Offline suisui

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
wow this happens when ppl dont follow rules. thts y things like this happens. i feel sorry for u, i hope all is settled by now.

Offline chizuoka

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 09:29:45 PM »
In my opinion, i think you'd be better off claiming from the guy on the spot. The police kinda dont cover private areas meaning they can't summons the guy, meaning you can't claim from his insurance.....well thats what i encoutered before

Offline AnitaLougs

• anti
Accident in Condo Parking can claim for insurance
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »
As he hit you it should be off his insurance in which case they are less likely to write it off, im not sure exactly on the legal stand point of if he reverses into you, this is a reason i reverse into parking spaces and drive out, you can see better, but then he is a pauxhall driver