Author Topic: Inverter aircon  (Read 6899 times)

Offline Clicko

Inverter aircon
« on: March 09, 2015, 11:10:09 PM »
My 1st off topic in this forum  ;)

I am considering to buy an inverter aircon 2/2.5HP for my living room. Currently looking at either Daikin or Panasonic. What is your recommendation base on your experience on reliability, cold comfort, electricity consumption. Need some advice on the pros and cons. Also, is it recommended to place the compressor just outside the car porch or go higher to prevent noise pollution and also heat problem at car porch.

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Re: Inverter aircon
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:14:00 AM »
The Panasonic inverter; doesn't that come with the water heater attachment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline splee

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:52:31 AM »
Go for Daikin. They specialize in air con and their air con is good and high quality. They are new to Malaysia market but they are well known around the world. I understand they have bought over York Malaysia. I use Daikin in my office and home. Very satisfy with the performance so far.

Offline Clicko

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
The Panasonic inverter; doesn't that come with the water heater attachment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I know of comes with heater attachment

Offline Clicko

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 11:22:20 AM »
Go for Daikin. They specialize in air con and their air con is good and high quality. They are new to Malaysia market but they are well known around the world. I understand they have bought over York Malaysia. I use Daikin in my office and home. Very satisfy with the performance so far.

Exactly, was told by a shop all York will be called Daikin and Acson now

Offline swleong

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
please take note of the catching part regarding electricity saving for all these inverter airconds.

it needs to be operated at certain temperature, say 26degree C for not more than certain hour etc....

else, it might not save you much money.

comfort are more or less the same for all brands of aircond (i'm using Panasonic, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, LG at home)

many houses install the living room aircond compressor units at car porch, my suggestion is DON'T DO THAT. Extend the refrigerant pipe longer up to first floor and install the compressor there. Looks nicer and no noise and heat problem. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:09:18 PM by swleong »

Offline Clicko

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 04:31:45 PM »
please take note of the catching part regarding electricity saving for all these inverter airconds.

it needs to be operated at certain temperature, say 26degree C for not more than certain hour etc....

else, it might not save you much money.

comfort are more or less the same for all brands of aircond (i'm using Panasonic, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, LG at home)

many houses install the living room aircond compressor units at car porch, my suggestion is DON'T DO THAT. Extend the refrigerant pipe longer up to first floor and install the compressor there. Looks nicer and no noise and heat problem.

I have inverters in bedroom and noticed the low electricity bills. My concern is running an inverter in living room which is not enclosed. Yeah good idea of placing the compressor higher but if its within the 10m piping, will the contractor charge extra workmanship? It has to go thru the ground floor roof hmmmm.... not so familiar..

Offline swleong

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 07:17:25 AM »
They probably will charge extra (mostly material cost, probably workmaship as well for climbing up) for whatever length that longer, so hacking and drilling might be unavoidable depends on your house design.

Do note that, normally if the refrigerant pipe is longer than 15m, the efficiency of the aircond unit will not be operating at its best. Better stick with manufacturer's recommendation.

Offline Clicko

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 07:15:02 PM »
Correction: the standard piping is only 10 feet not 10m.

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »
Hi Clicko,

A A/C technician told me that the electricity savings from using an Inverter aircon is very minimal and in fact the servicing and top--up gas is more expensive in the long run. This caveat however is for lower powered A/C. He said if you're getting inverter ac to safe $, go for 2.5 HP upwards to be able to glean max benefit from electricity savings.

Offline chizuoka

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 09:36:22 PM »
Ive got myselft a Hitachi... fancy functions, and looks good.. its in gold btw

Offline robertjong83

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 08:22:05 AM »
i suggest you buy 2 units of 1 hp instead of a single unit of strong one. it will save you a lot of electricity bills. although maintenane is 2 times. it will still be worth it. if 1 breaks, there is still anotehr one.

Offline niaochu

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 07:07:11 PM »
daikin inverter is good. But found not much difference for me coz i dont' operate long hours. just short period of time. so don't c any much savings. heard the installer told me cud b more expensive my maintainence coz inverter servicing is alsmot double the regular

Offline opp61

• Newbie to this forum
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »
Inverter aircons are the way to go.

Installing them vs conventional aircons cost some money but in the long run, it is worthwhile.

I have been using a Sharp one for over a year. I notice a 20% decrease in bills. I run them at least 10 hrs a day.

Offline lowcheetoong

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 12:58:22 PM »
My opinion better go for daikin. I personally own a 1.5 inverter Panasonic but performance not up to my expectations

Offline Rexmacy

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 04:08:15 PM »
Been using panasonic in my whole house but performance and maintainence are not quite up to my expectations. The capacitors conk rather often for all my 4 units..average 12-18 months i need to replace the capacitors. Cooling wise, mixed experience, the smaller 1HP seems better than the 1.5HP unit,not sure why. The 2.5 HP works like a dream.

Seems that Daikin has a lot more good reviews so would suggest go for it.