Author Topic: Wotancraft Time Capsule  (Read 5914 times)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Wotancraft Time Capsule
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »
I picked this up recently to transport my watches for service. What an excuse to get one. Anyway I got one from WotanCraft and it is a great watch case to carry one watch. Here is a short review of the case.

The case that I got is this one, in red, reference SAC-004R. There are at the moment 2 colours, red and green. They are working on a leather version.

The capsule is made of canvas with a rubber base. I have to say that it is well made and is very light and robust.

It is a clamshell design and works well. I guess since it works for a clam, it should work for the case. The depression on the centre of the case works to reinforce the case.

The black marks you see along the edge is not wear but the rubber base showing thru.

The bottom.

There are a couple of nice touches in the design...

The Flottigilia MAS crest on the top of the case.

The Wotanraft signed zipper.

The inside of the case is well made and sufficiently padded. The material is soft and there is no shape edges. Your watch would not get scratched in the case.

The crest is riveted to the case and the rivets ends are rounded nicely and again, no rough edge to scratch the watch.

I tried the case with a number of watches and they sit well inside the case. It is designed with a small hump both on the lower and upper lids to hold the watch snug in place.

40mm watch in place.

47mm watch in place.

The watch case closed with the watch held snug. No rattle when closed. Nice. The design prevents a steel bracelet from scratching the case back if carried on a flat carry case and also prevents stretching of the leather strap if carried in the same flat case.

It is a well made watch case, light and simple. I like it.

Offline UTC

Re: Wotancraft Time Capsule
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:04:32 AM »
Hobbit,

You bought it online or the local Wotancraft outlet ???
Care to PM me the price.

Best regards.
UTC

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:28:26 AM »
Hobbit,

You bought it online or the local Wotancraft outlet ???
Care to PM me the price.

Best regards.
UTC

Hi UTC,

The pouch is available at the MWF store.

Regards.

Offline jf98

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »
anyone still selling this box?? can't describe how infinitely useful it would be for my dad's ROO. thanks

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 05:18:20 AM »

anyone still selling this box?? can't describe how infinitely useful it would be for my dad's ROO. thanks

Apparently yes, see this thread:
WTS Wotancraft Travel case (Red)

http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=15956

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline jf98

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 10:32:05 PM »
thanks for the heads up!  :thumbsup: