Author Topic: Wearing gold watches in Malaysia!  (Read 14015 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Wearing gold watches in Malaysia!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
Yes...the toilet can be the most dangerous place.... :Blue: I got robbed many years ago when I am a student in a shopping mall toilet in jb :Blue:

Getting robbed of your watch in a toilet is the least of your worries when your pants are down.....

:Laughing_on_floor:

I'd be more worried if he insists on joining me in the cubicle....

I ll ask the fella to wait till i m done then he can have the watch  :-X

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
theres this rule of thumb ive been applying in my life (not 100%succesful tho),

always buy the nicest/desired (normally most expensive oso lah) that u can afford,
yet u can afford to lose it
with just a bit of re saving up u can buy again in no time

we might b able to afford something much much more costly but if hilang go crazy cry no point oso

doesnt apply to house/ properties n to a certain extent, cars..

Offline ti64

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »
Yes...the toilet can be the most dangerous place.... :Blue: I got robbed many years ago when I am a student in a shopping mall toilet in jb :Blue:

Getting robbed of your watch in a toilet is the least of your worries when your pants are down.....

I'd be more worried if he insists on joining me in the cubicle....

I ll ask the fella to wait till i m done then he can have the watch  :-X

Omg... U know what? Just give him the watch...

Offline SKy Lim

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 09:33:43 PM »
It depends,if your in a bad neighbourhood and less passerby chances of meeting with them are high,and if u are new in town and plan to explore certain places on foot but not familiar its advisable you don't wear too flashy,as you might get 'mugged' by the locals,as they might raise their prices upon seeing you,if you get what i mean

Offline Cocas

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
Sorry to hear your unfortunate in JB.
Yes it was a very notorious city 2 decades ago. I even encountered the streetfight in a shopping mall. Totally chaotic like Hong Kong movie gang fight scene.

I was taking escalator going up to 1st floor in a shopping mall, an injured running fast towards me against the going up direction and his body was full of blood. I was shocked and didn't what to react and I was pushed aside by him and my white shirt is full of his blood stains. They were guys running after that injured guy.

I was forced to cancel my date as my half body covered with blood stains. I got to go back quick to change the bloody clothes as I was so afraid to be mistaken as the injured guy. :Confused:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:28:17 PM by Cocas »

Offline thickface

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »
This is true story from my relative acquaintance, was wearing some longines gold watch and walking on the street. One day, robbers just come and point knife at him. Can't do much but to handover the watch to them. They just took his cash and watch. Nowadays, robbers aren't interested in phones because can easily be tracked and bricked. It was a fast 2-3 minutes situation he said.

After that, no more gold watch from him. He has tudor, ball and seiko but none of these attract robbers more than gold watches. Maybe it's pure unluckiness but to him, it seems like the whole process was planned since it was fast.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 08:23:16 AM »
With all the Mat Rempit snatchers cases and the state of affairs these days, I do observe that lesser people are wearing YG watches these days. Previously, it was more of a fashion passe; these days it's more on security concerns. I don't even wear my 2-tone DJs these days- the s/steel Sub, PO, and the likes are the normal watch routines now. Just the other day, I was at a course and a fellow Datuk seated next to me was sporting a full YG DD and it was glittering attractively. It was okay in the government building where the course was being held; but out on the streets I could see why it could attract the wrong type of attention.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:37:03 AM by D'Andy »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline bloodlegion

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »
Here's my take on this issue:

There are many fake watches in distribution here in Malaysia, either new or used. I think even criminals know this (because the people who sell fake watches are criminals themselves, aren't they?) and they wouldn't be interested in taking gold (or gold-looking) watches. They would go after cash or car keys before watches.

Just my 2 cents.