Author Topic: Grand Seiko yumchar and visit to GS AD 25th Dec  (Read 16685 times)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: Grand Seiko yumchar and visit to GS AD 25th Dec
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 07:34:09 AM »
Sorry I gave you that impression.
Its just that very few ppl are interested in GS so such gtg are attended by almost all GS or JDM Seiko owners only..

MOST regular Seiko wearer are not really into horology. They buy the regular Seiko costing a few hundred ringgit because its cheap, durable, keeps acceptable time and easily available at anywhere from MyDin to Jusco to TESCO.
That's why you see a lot of them on uncles, ah peks from fishing villages to markets to sundry shops, etc..
No disrespect meant, just stating an observation…. and the popularity of Seikos..
BTW I have 8 regular Seikos (besides several GS) costing anywhere from RM 400 to RM 3,000 each. They can be calibrated to COSC stds and some look unique (to me, that is)

We always welcome anyone who is interested or even just curious about GS, KS, Credor, JDM Seikos to join us.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join….. ;D

Wat or who is KS btw? ???

Can KS join GS GTG?

Oh OK, I thought the GTG is only for GS owners. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:45:18 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 07:44:33 AM »
Dear JOS2012,

No worries and not your fault. I was looking at it from a very narrow perspective. And thank you for the elaborate explanation. Most educational.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »
anyone are welcome to join, our main purpose is to visit to the GS event and after that we will have chit chat about GS or any seiko watch, or even any other watch are welcome too ! no specific brand as long as its watches, just don't bring your pet  ;D

sad, two gurus not able to make it

Sean and Eric, hope to see you guys soon

Eric, please bring along the precious   :Praying:

Offline sshark

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
Only 36k bpm is consideredhi-beat

Offline el118

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 11:09:21 AM »
anyone are welcome to join, our main purpose is to visit to the GS event and after that we will have chit chat about GS or any seiko watch, or even any other watch are welcome too ! no specific brand as long as its watches, just don't bring your pet  ;D

Hi David, after following your indepth sharing of your watch knowledge, i am looking forward to meet you in person. As to the watch, this would be Japanese GS event, not appropriate to "kacau" with any German. The Japs and the Germans dun work together often since they formed the "Central Powers" during the World War 2. ;)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »
Eric,
To my immediate memory, I know that Enkidu, david and myself love both teutonic and Japanese watches apart from the usual Swiss.
I'm very tempted to prove you wrong by wearing a GO on 1 wrist and a GS on the other.  :Laughing_on_floor:
I'm sure david is more than capable of doing the same.. a GO and a GS on the wrists.
Too bad Enkidu is not in bolehland otherwise he could also wear both his GO and GS on the wrists.

Although I know of other WIS who own both nice Japanese and German watches, as I'm getting old my memory fails me at this very instant..
Oh ya.. both GO & GS also start with the letter 'G'.. :HammerHead:

After all both Japanese and Germans have very similar traits apart from being AXIS partners in WWII. The only wimps in that partnership were the 'eyeties' aka Italianos
Both Germans and Japanese are precise, disciplined, systematic, hardworking, not to mention possessing great engineering skills.

Hi David, after following your indepth sharing of your watch knowledge, i am looking forward to meet you in person. As to the watch, this would be Japanese GS event, not appropriate to "kacau" with any German. The Japs and the Germans dun work together often since they formed the "Central Powers" during the World War 2. ;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:25:19 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline el118

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2013, 01:57:29 PM »

After all both Japanese and Germans have very similar traits apart from being AXIS partners in WWII. The only wimps in that partnership were the 'eyeties' aka Italianos
Both Germans and Japanese are precise, disciplined, systematic, hardworking, not to mention possessing great engineering skills.

Yes, i agreed to that, especially the engineering skill. Actually I am very comfortable owing Japan made engineering products. one thing i find they are trailing is Branding skill. That is why is I am driving a German car, eventhough i agreed that japanese car quality & reliability is one notch higher . ;)

Offline davidtth

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
no worries Eric, as long as you bring watch will do  :Cheers:

frankly speaking i'm kinda rather new in watch, without Joseph, i wont be here, and i won't be touching GS  :P

Offline davidtth

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 05:57:24 AM »
far by participant

1. Elton
2. Sean
3. Eric
5. Lim
6. Fong
7. 7thfort
8. Joseph
9. Chris
10. myself

any more joining ? see you guys  :Cheers:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
far by participant

1. Elton
2. Sean
3. Eric
5. Lim
6. Fong
7. 7thfort
8. Joseph
9. Chris
10. myself

Hey David,

Could you let me know the exact time and place? I am concocting his plan to leave my wife and kid at relatives' place at nearby Kelana Jaya and hop over to join you guys.. ;D

best regards,
E

Offline davidtth

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
you the man !  :thumbsup:  ;D

25 DEC (Wednesday) 11am at the GS event at Paradigm Mall, we can meet at america watch shop there  ;)

far by participant

1. Elton
2. Sean
3. Eric
5. Lim
6. Fong
7. 7thfort
8. Joseph
9. Chris
10. myself
11. Enkidu

Hey David,

Could you let me know the exact time and place? I am concocting his plan to leave my wife and kid at relatives' place at nearby Kelana Jaya and hop over to join you guys.. ;D

best regards,
E

Offline sshark

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
David,

I thought it is an afternoon event. I try to come as early possible after lunch. I will give you a call before I come over. Thanks.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 11:39:13 AM »
David,

I thought it is an afternoon event. I try to come as early possible after lunch. I will give you a call before I come over. Thanks.

yup, we meet up at 11am and go thru the GS event, after that we will head for lunch + watch sharing + yam cha till afternoon

call me when you reach  ;)