Author Topic: Bangkok 28sep-1oct  (Read 10221 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Bangkok 28sep-1oct
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:05:05 AM »
Any recommendation for family outing with 4 yrs old cute boy!

Btw, any Mwf member in Bangkok?

Watch watch places to window shopping?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Bangkok 28sep-1oct
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »

Siam Paragon..... all got.... got watch shop.... got fish shop (ok aquarium), got book shop.... makan shop.....

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
I stay next to it actually

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »
The is an elephant sanctuary you can visit. It is about 1 hour from Bangkok. You will pass by some salt flats where they harvest salt. Also you will pass by the market on the railway track. You can get the hotel to arrange for the local tour.

There is also the dinner river cruise. It depends on what you are looking for with regards to the river cruise. Most of the cruise is loud and noisy. If you want a quiet dinner cruise, go for the shangrila one. Call to book and ask for outside sitting top side. It is 2 hours long, good food and rather quiet. At least you can talk and see the sites. They will also give you a small booklet on the sites to see.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
The is an elephant sanctuary you can visit. It is about 1 hour from Bangkok. You will pass by some salt flats where they harvest salt. Also you will pass by the market on the railway track. You can get the hotel to arrange for the local tour.

There is also the dinner river cruise. It depends on what you are looking for with regards to the river cruise. Most of the cruise is loud and noisy. If you want a quiet dinner cruise, go for the shangrila one. Call to book and ask for outside sitting top side. It is 2 hours long, good food and rather quiet. At least you can talk and see the sites. They will also give you a small booklet on the sites to see.

Thanks for the recommendation

Offline kwh74

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:39 AM »
Hi Chris,

There are a lot of day trips in BKK, just to name a few good ones that i have been:

1) Safari World-Great place for children with the safari park tour and a lot of animal shows. Also lunch included. A 9 till 5 thing.
2) Bang-Pa-In Palace & Ayutthaya (Unesco Heritage)-You trip will travel by coach while going to the places and back on cruise coming down from Chao Praya River, also lunch on board.
3) The Bridge Over The River Kwai, Kancanaburi.
4) The Grand Palace.
5) Chatuchak Market, prepare to get lost.

For the above, just google to find out more.

Food wise, BKK is always great. Yaowarat (Chinatown) always good to be there for dinner especially for hawker food and seafood restaurant. Nam Seng at Soi Texas is good.

Another place for dinner and enjoy the back nite view will be Crystal Grill at Baiyoke Skyhotel, Pratunam. Their buffet on the 82nd floor~uhmmm,so great!. Also, one must try their 360 degrees revolving roof deck and you can see the whole of Bangkok.

For watches only 1 place Siam Paragon, i personal favourite will be Trocadero (distributor/retailer for brands like Seiko (Credor, Galante, Credor, Ananta) and Orient. 

At Siam Paragon, there have a high-end supermarket Market Hall and be amaze with their grocery assortment (just compare with BIG at Publika). There have one of the biggest non-halal corner. 

Maybe can go for a movie and feel the Thai citizen rise for their national anthem (include non Thai) that our country just borrow that idea recently.

You will be simply amaze with the citizen loyalty to their country as their national anthem in play twice in a day at 8am and 6 pm. At sky train stations, in parks, in shopping malls and in government buildings all over Thailand, you will see people stop what they're doing and stand to attention.

Have a nice trip and simply be "Amazing Thailand".

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »
Surprises that Kong can remember all the places so well. I have forgotten almost all places though was there 1 year ago.  ;D

I can remember only the Safari World. The best I have visited so far. Must go with kids.  :thumbsup:

Offline kwh74

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
Hi Alvin,

Been to all this place with my x about 7 years ago.

Hua Hin is also any interesting place for beach lover.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
I been to pratunam n chatuchak.... As well as some boating trip to wat, palace, etc

With kid - seems Safari is the best choice !

If I go myself, unesco heritage places sure my first priority
N food !

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »
thnx guys for the recommendation, here are the 2 exhibition i visited

and some watch shops

and saw some new, limited and currently MWF hot watches

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:57:21 PM by chrisyen »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 07:55:12 PM »

when i asked the hotel to arrange the day trip, i was thinking is expensive....
after all, with the 5 star hospitality of the tour guide, the big van, the safari park's shows.... well worth it !

not just my son had a happy day, i enjoyed my time at SAFARI as well....

Offline davidtth

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:41 AM »
the WG of 44GS, wonder how much was selling there...  ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 07:48:33 PM »
the WG of 44GS, wonder how much was selling there...  ;D

Retail about the same...
Dare not ask discount
Since I hv no cash for it

Offline Naruddin

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »

recomment to visit Platinum Mall : http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293916-d1156821-Reviews-Platinum_Fashion_Mall-Bangkok.html

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 09:51:58 PM »

recomment to visit Platinum Mall : http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293916-d1156821-Reviews-Platinum_Fashion_Mall-Bangkok.html

yes. went to this mall... my wife said its paradise, she hope she hv more $$$ and energy to walk

Offline Sheenaqupa

Bangkok 28sep 1oct
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »
I've been to bangkok once and stayed at Salil Hotel, i think before you go there you can check some hotels that is affordable and near dun sa bibisitahin mo.
Time-tested metatrader expert advisor for successful investment

Offline dualcarb

Re: Bangkok 28sep 1oct
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 10:13:22 PM »
I've been to bangkok once and stayed at Salil Hotel, i think before you go there you can check some hotels that is affordable and near dun sa bibisitahin mo.

lol...a little too late for this tip ain’t it? This thread is already four years old.