Author Topic: Junghans  (Read 67794 times)

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
Re: Junghans
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just added a review of the Max Bill Chronocope, please take a look ! support sikit

http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,12686.0.html

Offline lakeedger

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2014, 12:37:32 AM »
Hi, I bought a Junghans Voyager Mega when i was working outside of Malaysia. Was attracted by the design -simple yet elegant. The radio frequency technology was impressive - my first thought was - this is a good watch for people who travels much.

When I got back to Malaysia for good early this year - I realised that the radio frequency in Malaysia is different than Japan and Europe (apparently I did not do enough prep work). Thus, the auto-adjustment functionality went hay wire and the watch was un-usable.

I am not very sure if there is a way to ""twik" the watch so that the I can use this lovely Junghans Voyager Mega in Malaysia. Can any experts in the know share your opinion please? If needed, I would not mind going to any shop/service center to get it fixed.

Having said all this - i personally still like this watch alot. Gotta say - Junghans is a fresh breath to me after looking at all the  swiss made watches adverts (with all due respect to swiss made watches).

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2014, 08:01:32 PM »
Was looking for the Junghans Meister Telemeter in Frankfurt and Cologne tapi tak jumpa. Wonder if it's already available in the market?  ???
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »
Hi, I bought a Junghans Voyager Mega when i was working outside of Malaysia. Was attracted by the design -simple yet elegant. The radio frequency technology was impressive - my first thought was - this is a good watch for people who travels much.

When I got back to Malaysia for good early this year - I realised that the radio frequency in Malaysia is different than Japan and Europe (apparently I did not do enough prep work). Thus, the auto-adjustment functionality went hay wire and the watch was un-usable.

I am not very sure if there is a way to ""twik" the watch so that the I can use this lovely Junghans Voyager Mega in Malaysia. Can any experts in the know share your opinion please? If needed, I would not mind going to any shop/service center to get it fixed.

Having said all this - i personally still like this watch alot. Gotta say - Junghans is a fresh breath to me after looking at all the  swiss made watches adverts (with all due respect to swiss made watches).

Unfortunately, currently there's no way to modify of upgrade the movement ....in Malaysia the distributor only brought in their Mechanical line of watches.  ;D

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »
Was looking for the Junghans Meister Telemeter in Frankfurt and Cologne tapi tak jumpa. Wonder if it's already available in the market?  ???

The 2014 Novelties Meister Telemeter only available around October   ;)

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2014, 08:10:52 PM »
What do you guys think of the new Max Bill grey dial with brown index ...

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2014, 09:36:09 PM »

Nice, very nice indeed. Any specs?

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »

Nice, very nice indeed. Any specs?

Size: 38mm
Height: 10mm
Movement: ETA 2824-2
Front Crystal: Plexiglass

The value of the watch is more skewed toward the Max Bill 1960's design, it is standard in terms of horological specification.
The design was too "modern" for the 1960's people  :Blue: but it become relevant and accepted by the public today

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »

The 2014 Novelties Meister Telemeter only available around October   ;)

Thanks for the info mate. The Max Bill grey dial brown index looked very nice in person. Beautiful piece with classic look.

Cheers
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2014, 11:42:22 AM »
The watch is very simple indeed with natural color: brown, grey, stainless steel....
Tried on my wrist, strangely i am not able to carry it

Offline Sunriver

• Freshie
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2014, 09:40:55 PM »
Max Bill Grey, nice...very indeed.

So went out to Pavy a couple of weeks ago, as noted at their website, Wata Time is our local agent. Bump into Freddy (of Wata Time) they no longer carry this brand  :Blue:

Oh!! Well, since I was there, might as well, molest a Breitling, an Omega and a B&R.  ;D

Any other place I can view the Max Bill?

Peace

Offline watzisname

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2014, 07:38:46 AM »
The AD is in Bangsar Village 2 if not mistaken

Offline Sunriver

• Freshie
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »
Thanks watzisname...... let me pusing2  :D

I know there's a SevenFriday AD on  the GF and another somewhere on the 3rd or 4th [  :Confused:] selling pre-owned

My eyes are starting to give way already.... anyway thanks for the tip.

Peace...

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »
Max Bill Grey, nice...very indeed.

So went out to Pavy a couple of weeks ago, as noted at their website, Wata Time is our local agent. Bump into Freddy (of Wata Time) they no longer carry this brand  :Blue:

Oh!! Well, since I was there, might as well, molest a Breitling, an Omega and a B&R.  ;D

Any other place I can view the Max Bill?

Peace

Bangsar Village 2
Sunway Pyramid
Mid Valley
 :) :)

Offline wusion123

• Freshie
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2014, 08:02:10 AM »
i quite love the maxbill version of junghans, but the price quite expesnive compare to some similar swiss made watch. anyway, hopefully i can have one soon this year.

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2014, 11:34:56 AM »
i quite love the maxbill version of junghans, but the price quite expesnive compare to some similar swiss made watch. anyway, hopefully i can have one soon this year.

Depends on how you sees Junghans, In terms of price point, it is similar with swiss brand like Longines, Frederique Constant and Maurice Lacroix.

It is expensive if you compare it with Tissot, Certina, Mido, Steinhart....

There's two different collection which are more famous: the Max Bill and the Meister with the Meister with slightly higher price point.

Junghans is a "real" German watch brand that their story heritage is all true not marketing history one, I had personally visited their facility in Schramberg and would say this a German Giant that is still sleeping....

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2015, 07:26:08 PM »
The 2015 novelties of Max Bill collection : Chronoscope with day date function
Junghans seems taking in feedback from collector in this model: Black Date Wheel

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:25 AM »
Some new model for year 2015

Offline Clicko

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
Looks nice, I like to short lugs design.

Offline yeezy

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »
those blue dials looking good !

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2015, 09:45:40 PM »
Guess the blue becoming the one of the German Brand fav color...after the

deep blue lambda ahoi Zurich worldtimer of nomos..

Blue datograph Lange 1 of Lange

The blue panomatic and panoreserve of GO

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2015, 03:50:10 PM »
Junghans is again the largest German watchmaker

After the take over by the Schramberg based Steim Family at year 2008, today, with around 50,000 watches annualy, Junghans is again the largest German manufacturer. :thumbsup:

to read more: https://www.impulse.de/unternehmen/junghans/2056564/

Offline jaushiarn91

• Freshie
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2016, 02:41:44 PM »
Junghans used to be the largest watch making company in Germany. I would recommend you to look at its Maxbill or Meister line which has bauhaus-inspired design.
Worn and wound had recently review one of their watches (Meister Kalendar)
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Offline elado249

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »
Cool watch

Offline Brandon Khoo

• Freshie
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2018, 09:49:53 PM »
Ive always wanted the Max Bill series however i am cursed with a small wrist with lady like hand.
And i wish that they used sapphire glass instead. Love the design otherwise.