Author Topic: Entry level suggestion  (Read 14018 times)

Offline CKL1213

Re: Entry level suggestion
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 04:00:40 PM »
looks tempting

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »
Think it is nicely designed and with the complication... a steal for the money, imo.  :Cheers:
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline rusminag

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
How about Frederique Constant? Saw one nice looking moonphase at Dubai airport this morning. Selling for abt RM2400. Tempted to but need to take a break...

Ok, found it from the official website:

A bit higher than your budget but am sure they have other pieces that are within. Happy Hunting!!

Quartz movement...?
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 07:10:02 PM »
How about Frederique Constant? Saw one nice looking moonphase at Dubai airport this morning. Selling for abt RM2400. Tempted to but need to take a break...

A bit higher than your budget but am sure they have other pieces that are within. Happy Hunting!!

Quartz movement...?

Just checked... you are right! It is quartz. Sorry for assuming it was automatic (actually didn't really thought about it). I am usually attracted to the design more than movements, although not quartz. No wonder it's "cheaper"...
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 10:59:22 AM »

Just checked... you are right! It is quartz. Sorry for assuming it was automatic (actually didn't really thought about it). I am usually attracted to the design more than movements, although not quartz. No wonder it's "cheaper"...

FC does has automatic version similar to the said watch, but as aspected the price do reflects the better movement too.
Look for FC Moontimer

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »
Cool, thanks. Does look handsome in black...

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »
Frederique Constant is getting quite strong lately. It got the underdog, under-the-radar yet pretty competitive quirk. And they also produce in-house movement.

One fair example is the Worldtimer. It look stunning, is a limited edition (but not rare), fitted with in-house highly decorated movement, and retail at around 3000 USD, which is relatively cheap actually.

Offline rusminag

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
Waiting for Alpina in-house lineups...
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline Quasimodo

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »
You can find a lot of obscure Swiss brands out there... and try looking for purchases overseas.

For example, I have a Revue Thommen Pro Diver. I'd gotten this off WUS for around SGD500. But in SG, it's sold at the boutiques for SGD2,500, before discount. The cheapest I've known anyone get it was at SGD1,800.

BUT

This same watch is available on Amazon UK for £400+!! And the version with just a leather strap and in a plain slim case is just £200+!! Guys, it's the same watch!!!

So look out for good deals.

Offline kevlee

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:17 PM »
Russian Movement.....Vostox Europe....

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
Check out Hamilton's latest offering, the Intramatic.

Offline AsherLim

• Freshie
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 06:08:02 AM »

Reminds me of the pp 2499. Haha!

Offline garygan

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 08:35:27 AM »
i never like swatch watches,was looking like plastic watches..cheap feel.. but until this moment, i saw someone post nice swatch photos.. surprise me of the style.. and the price as well.. wondering where can review it, can anyone help? thx..

Offline aum1

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »
look out for Louis Erard.

Some deals to be found in KL, if you haggle well.

Offline garygan

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
i have Louis.. design was amazingly nice.. white pearl face black pointer really stand out..
never regret had owned that..

Offline herng0326

• Freshie
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2013, 10:42:15 AM »
Tissot is a good entry level watch