Author Topic: Pre- owned watches  (Read 3333 times)

Offline spacewalker

Pre- owned watches
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:08:11 AM »
Hi guys! Just a few month ago I start to expand my collection by checking pre owned watches shop and website. The result is I'm now owned Longines Conquest automatic with silver dial. For RM1800 hardly for me to miss that deal even it is in silver dial. I almost buy a pre owned Aquaracer, even I liked that Tag very much but its white dial make me cancel my intention. From my observation, what I found is most pre owned watches offer in website or shop come with white, silver or any other colour rather than black dial. Personally 99%  of my watches come in black dial. For me, white dial hardly to match,  look too plain or I just not a fan of white dial watches. It is much more for classic or vintage watches. What do you think guys?

Offline sk-evo

Re: Pre- owned watches
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:59 AM »
Buy and collect the watches you like...it is your collection and must therefore pleases your eyes and heart. Hopefully this tip is helpful.

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »
To each his own. I do like both white and silver dials as well. It's the whole package... if it makes your heart skip a beat, go for it. Happy hunting!  :Cheers:
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
I don't quite get what you mean. Are you saying that pre-owned watches seldom have black dials? If so, then you're looking at the wrong shops.

Myself prefer watches with dials other than black. Harder to read with my eyesight.

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
I don't quite get what you mean. Are you saying that pre-owned watches seldom have black dials? If so, then you're looking at the wrong shops.

Myself prefer watches with dials other than black. Harder to read with my eyesight.
    :Laughing_on_floor:

Right.....dial colour and second hand not related no? 

But an exquisite Guilloché fully resplendent in darker colours IMHO. Like an ultra thin jumbo blue AP RO  :Praying:

Offline rfc

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »
I can't say I have noticed any trend in particular dial colours but with fear of being contradicted by ou MWF merchants the thing that strikes me most here is preowned watches seem to be less readily available here than other forums I am a member of - I wonder why that is...