Author Topic: Ingersoll Mist/Vapor Issue  (Read 4509 times)

Offline 21st Century

Ingersoll Mist/Vapor Issue
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »
Ingersoll IN3600BK (Automatic)

Got this as a present, looks exactly typical Frank Muller watch, after 9 years it is still working though i am not sure about the accuracy of the movement after on and off wearing it.
Did send to the watch shop for a persistent vapor issue once (4 years back and cost me ~RM250) with a warranty for a week and immediately after a week it happens again and i never wear the watch ever since.

Appreciate any assistance from forum member if you guys know anyone/place/shop that can fix the issue permanently (huge plus if its cheaper than what i paid before)

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Re: Ingersoll Mist/Vapor Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:38:33 AM »
Ingersoll IN3600BK (Automatic)

Got this as a present, looks exactly typical Frank Muller watch, after 9 years it is still working though i am not sure about the accuracy of the movement after on and off wearing it.
Did send to the watch shop for a persistent vapor issue once (4 years back and cost me ~RM250) with a warranty for a week and immediately after a week it happens again and i never wear the watch ever since.

Appreciate any assistance from forum member if you guys know anyone/place/shop that can fix the issue permanently (huge plus if its cheaper than what i paid before)
Possibly a gasket issue? Any photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline 21st Century

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 01:57:55 PM »
Not sure Sir, but I was told they've "cleaned" and added silica to absorb moisture. From the pictures you can see the mist inside the watch, it's even worst if it's under the sun or in cold place.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 05:21:01 PM »
Not sure Sir, but I was told they've "cleaned" and added silica to absorb moisture. From the pictures you can see the mist inside the watch, it's even worst if it's under the sun or in cold place.
There should be a leak between the front crystal and case.

Offline 21st Century

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 07:17:53 PM »
Thank you for your insight Cocas, do you also happen to know where I can fix the problem?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »
My certina had the same problem and it was fixed by an experienced watchsmith in JB.

Offline 21st Century

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »
Yeah I think so too. I kinda regret paying the watch shop to repair my watch. Going to seek for watchsmith from now on and hope to get info from fellow member on watchsmith within KL/Selangor area.