Author Topic: The finer things  (Read 22716 times)

Offline takashi78

Re: The finer things
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 12:35:36 PM »
Eames chairs are my ultimate in simplicity.
If ever i do reno the house i wish to add one in the living room.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
Dude seriously?

I wanna see pics! hehe

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
i like headphone, it block the sound of my wife :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
i like headphone, it block the sound of my wife :Laughing_on_floor:

bahaya tu  :o nanti dia check MWF, everybody in trouble  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline wslee

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
Im into action figures collection and also looking into die-cast model car collection
Is getting more expensive now with more finer details

Offline nayo

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 09:53:49 AM »
The screen in background looks great too. Fabric art or enamel lacquer?

Offline engkow

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »
look like chinese antique. my finer thing other then watch are pen (brand like mont blanc stainess steel set many years ago
fountain, rollerball and ball point cost only 90 ringgit brand new, not famous yet, now very expensive),parker,lamy.
imported leather shoes(very expensive now stop buying), italian leather belts and hifi hear some music stop buying cd more than 15 years.

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »
Oh. I see. Thats where u got ur name from. No offence but i initially thought ur name means chicken egg.  :D
Jacky Wong

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
 :laugh: hanyu pinyin fail.... but still better than me... putong hua very putong  :Laughing_on_floor: and with my command of guoyu..they would kick me out of the guo jia long long time ago.

love the screens... if only my house is big enough to get one  :-[

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »
haah i wish bro....some hotel rooms are even bigger than my whole house
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline compaq10

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 05:35:14 AM »
Was into hi-fi system during my life as a student in UK. Owned quite a few system Arcam, Marantz, Audiolab, Cyrus, Naim etc. But after some time it stopped. Now started into collecting watches, travelling with family & also into properties. Have to save enough as planning to move into new house next year ( house ID, small renovation etc ) :)

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »
I've learnt to appreciate fine art recently:

yes, that's the Obamas in teh eye of a needle

yes, that is a sculpture of the King on a nailhead

yes, World TKD Federation

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:45:17 PM by brolex »
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
Fine watches beckons finer things in life. When one appreciates the heritage and the build quality of the watch, one have attained the wisdom to appreciate life more, and will thus seek for individuality and highest of quality.

Of course we are talking in context of being a watch lover, as this assumption does not represent the total strata of our society.

However, one thing is certain. Income does dictates what sort of finer things that one could afford to have in life. It may be the most exotic life experience like chauffeured in a Rolls Royce, or having the finest clothes that money could buy, but folks with a moderate income too have their moments and attainment in finer things as well, which does not necessary reflect a high society condition.

So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have. Its about how one perceived such things or place that can give them their level of ultimate satisfaction.

Any mo, you dictate what you want, what you liked the best, perceived as the best; that's the finer thing that you have in life..
For me... a well mixed rojak mamak with cendol is my finest cuisine that I will cherish on forever..hahaha.. ;D

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »

So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have. Its about how one perceived such things or place that can give them their level of ultimate satisfaction.

Any mo, you dictate what you want, what you liked the best, perceived as the best; that's the finer thing that you have in life..
For me... a well mixed rojak mamak with cendol is my finest cuisine that I will cherish on forever..hahaha.. ;D

True, true.
If ever you had that rojak & mamak at Bandar Kinrara in Puchong, I will definately join you on such "fine" cuisine, peiseh.  :laugh:

:Cheers:

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »
Ahh... sweet, spicy mamak rojak with cold cendol.

My saliva flowing already leh. ;D
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 02:38:44 PM »
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

sigged.