Author Topic: Hello fellow watch collectors!  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Karkas

• Freshie
Hello fellow watch collectors!
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:21:07 AM »
Hope u guys are enjoying the long merdeka holidays as I am :Dancing_banana:

Born and bred in pj, my journey started out with a fake tag heuer bought in ps boutique in the late 80's during my teens.
The watch lasted 3 days  :D

My humble collection now includes a tag heuer (can't remember the model), g-shock, swatch system 51, luminox space series, rolex datejust and a Patek Philippe calatrava.

Now hunting for a rolex submariner 14060. Cheers!
Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is optional!
PP Calatrava 3919R
Rolex Submariner 14060m
Rolex Daytona 116520

Offline Kennypane

Re: Hello fellow watch collectors!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
Is there a theme to your collection? I owned 2 Tags but sold one the 2000 Exclusive Quartz. Aren't u too young to be wearing a Calatrava? And what's with the Sistem 51 Swatch? Everyone jumping on to the bandwagon. Keep the Rolex Datejust as long as it does not have any gold. G Shock fine cos we must have at least one G Shock for emergency.

Offline Karkas

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »
Bro Kennypane,
No theme. Just love watches. Too young to have a calatrava? Tq for the compliment ;). System 51 has the latest ETA movement and at rm490 why not? Unfortunately 116234 has white gold flute bezel(love it) and
it's my daily beater. Hence the hunt for a sub!
PP Calatrava 3919R
Rolex Submariner 14060m
Rolex Daytona 116520

Offline harkensng

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »
Is there a theme to your collection? I owned 2 Tags but sold one the 2000 Exclusive Quartz. Aren't u too young to be wearing a Calatrava? And what's with the Sistem 51 Swatch? Everyone jumping on to the bandwagon. Keep the Rolex Datejust as long as it does not have any gold. G Shock fine cos we must have at least one G Shock for emergency.

so what is the right age to wear a calatrava??

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
Bro Kennypane,
No theme. Just love watches. Too young to have a calatrava? Tq for the compliment ;). System 51 has the latest ETA movement and at rm490 why not? Unfortunately 116234 has white gold flute bezel(love it) and

Hi Karkas, it's just me..a Calatrava appears to oldish for my liking and I am 40. Hmm, maybe a Nautilius or even an Aquanaut would be nice. I dun mind a Breguet but not a Calatrava. I read from the watches u have u sounded young, thus my conclusion that u r young. No offence. Sistem 51 got me interested initially but after looking at the design, I was expecting less is more kinda design. Datejust with white gold bezel is a must. Fluted bezel defined the Datejust IMO. I meant yellow gold even if two tone, a no no. U looking for a Sub? There are plenty around. Try visiting the sales corner. I have a friend who just bought the super case Sub no date, but I still prefer the Sub in its slender non Maxi dial no date instead.

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 10:17:57 PM »

so what is the right age to wear a calatrava??

Calatrava is too plain. Age? Maybe above 50 or maybe 60 who has worn so many watches in his life? I dunno. To each his own. Certainly not my preference.

Offline Karkas

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »
Bro Kennypane,

Hi Karkas, it's just me..a Calatrava appears to oldish for my liking and I am 40. Hmm, maybe a Nautilius or even an Aquanaut would be nice. I dun mind a Breguet but not a Calatrava. I read from the watches u have u sounded young, thus my conclusion that u r young. No offence. Sistem 51 got me interested initially but after looking at the design, I was expecting less is more kinda design. Datejust with white gold bezel is a must. Fluted bezel defined the Datejust IMO. I meant yellow gold even if two tone, a no no. U looking for a Sub? There are plenty around. Try visiting the sales corner. I have a friend who just bought the super case Sub no date, but I still prefer the Sub in its slender non Maxi dial no date instead.

Bro kennypane, no offense taken 8) well, calatrava was sort of entry level for me and bought it way back in 2001. Maybe I do have "old" taste in watches. Yes, a nautilus chrono is a target in hopefully not too distant future. Wife will kill me if I splurge 120k++ on a watch though! Actually I am in the market for a 14060. Need to get tritium into my collection! The 114060 does not tickle my fancy atm, maybe in the future, who knows? Yes, you are right, my collection is kinda "rojak" at the moment but will fix that soon.

P/S: age wise I'm much closer to u bro!
PP Calatrava 3919R
Rolex Submariner 14060m
Rolex Daytona 116520

Offline dankhar

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:20:38 AM »
Welcome onboard karkas.
Do join in the discussion that interest you.
Some wrist shots of your pieces would be nice ...  ;D
Cheers bro.  :Cheers:
Sometimes the best thing to do is ... absolutely nothing!

Offline Karkas

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 01:22:45 PM »
Welcome onboard karkas.
Do join in the discussion that interest you.
Some wrist shots of your pieces would be nice ...  ;D
Cheers bro.  :Cheers:

Thanks bro! Will do....
PP Calatrava 3919R
Rolex Submariner 14060m
Rolex Daytona 116520

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »
Bro Kennypane,

Bro kennypane, no offense taken 8) well, calatrava was sort of entry level for me and bought it way back in 2001. Maybe I do have "old" taste in watches. Yes, a nautilus chrono is a target in hopefully not too distant future. Wife will kill me if I splurge 120k++ on a watch though! Actually I am in the market for a 14060. Need to get tritium into my collection! The 114060 does not tickle my fancy atm, maybe in the future, who knows? Yes, you are right, my collection is kinda "rojak" at the moment but will fix that soon.

P/S: age wise I'm much closer to u bro!

Hey, pls don't say Rojak la. We always start somewhere. Hmmm, tritium? Patina? Sorry if I sounded too direct.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 06:38:46 AM »
Welcome to MWF, I wnt say your collection is too rojak.. Who collection here are not rojak except your are single brand collector... In deed you short of one sport watch and u never go wrong with 14060... Time to show us some calatrava wrist shot  :Dancing_banana:

Offline Karkas

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 07:10:36 AM »
Welcome to MWF, I wnt say your collection is too rojak.. Who collection here are not rojak except your are single brand collector... In deed you short of one sport watch and u never go wrong with 14060... Time to show us some calatrava wrist shot  :Dancing_banana:

Thx bro. Will do wrist shot of calatrava once I get it back from servicing. Damn SC is taking too long :Blue:
PP Calatrava 3919R
Rolex Submariner 14060m
Rolex Daytona 116520

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »
Welcome and I agree with Dennis, you do need a sports watch. And the calavatra...it's a timeless classic. Congrats and a great collection you have. Wrist shots once it comes back from the SC thank you :)

Patrick

Offline Karkas

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »
Will do bro Patrick and thx for welcoming me :Cheers:
PP Calatrava 3919R
Rolex Submariner 14060m
Rolex Daytona 116520

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
Welcome Karkas..

Enjoy your stay here...

cheers  :Cheers:

Jacky Wong

Offline Karkas

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »
Welcome Karkas..

Enjoy your stay here...

cheers  :Cheers:

Thx bro. Will do :Cheers:
PP Calatrava 3919R
Rolex Submariner 14060m
Rolex Daytona 116520

Offline Abe Mat

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
Welcome to mwf. ;D