Author Topic: Looooooooong Intro, pls read patiently  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Geneve

Looooooooong Intro, pls read patiently
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, I just registered few days back and forgot to intro myself. I've been reading this forum few months back as a guest and decided to register to join the fun of this community.

First of all, I'm Jeremy, hometown is Selangor, but due to work I have been travel around the world. I like watches since I'm kid and admiring those kids(including my bro) that have cool baby-G and some other watches that have cool lighting. My whole family have watches by that time, only me without any proper time piece. After so many years which is during my secondary school time, I use my own savings to buy a Polo watch. Without any knowledge in timepiece by that time, it got serious damage and I decided to buy my second watch during form 4, a Casio chronograph. It also end up like the first watch, scratches all over the case and bezel. But the good thing is, the Casio still running well until now and I wear it for work.

I graduated last year after finish my study in Aeronautics, but ended up working in Oil & Gas Industry. But good thing is I still got paid well from my current job, and I decided to buy a new watch. I have done some basic research about timepiece, but still got a lot need to learn and I also started my interest in horology and watch designs through these research.

After research, I fall in love with mechanical movement. Then I took one of my dad watch, Orient Open Heart(not sure the real name but this is what I google out) due to the interesting design. I also paid a visit at watch shop and end up with a Seiko 5 Diver. After that my watch collection started to increase so I also get a watch box for them. Now I decided to move to another level, which is Swiss made watch like Longines, Tag Heuer, Omega entry models or pre-owned which I can afford. But my upcoming is a Ball watch although it lost the popularity...

Current watches that I own,
1. Polo quartz watch(full time sleeping in box)
2. Casio Chronograph(for working in O&G Plant)
3. Orient Open Heart(rarely use, maybe return to dad)
4. Seiko 5 Diver Seiko 5 SNZJ19K1(office use and outing)
5. Orient Mako Pepsi(all time favorite)

Last, I hope I can get around with you guys or attend any MWF event/gathering when I'm free. :Cheers: Pardon me for writing up so much. I still have a lot to learn, so I might post some newbie question in future, please do not leave me alone by that time. Enjoy your day. ;D

Jeremy

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Looooooooong Intro, pls read patiently
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
Hi Jeremy,
First of all Welcome to Malaysia Watch Forum and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.
It is good that you have started your mechanical watch collection with the Japanese brands.
These are solid timepieces with excellent value for money. You won't go wrong with them.
As you grow naturally you would want to explore the Swiss side of the market but don't forget to take a look at the premium Japanese brands such as Grand Seiko. You will find that they actually give the Swiss brands a good run for their money.

Look forward to meeting you in person at a future GTG.

:Cheers:

Offline dankhar

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »
Welcome on board Jeremy.
Do join in the discussion that interest you.
Share pictures of watches in your collection.
Maybe we can help you out and identify your old man's Orient "Open Heart" (or is it Orient Star Skeleton?)

Cheers  :Cheers:
Sometimes the best thing to do is ... absolutely nothing!

Offline Geneve

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »
Hi Jeremy,
First of all Welcome to Malaysia Watch Forum and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.
It is good that you have started your mechanical watch collection with the Japanese brands.
These are solid timepieces with excellent value for money. You won't go wrong with them.
As you grow naturally you would want to explore the Swiss side of the market but don't forget to take a look at the premium Japanese brands such as Grand Seiko. You will find that they actually give the Swiss brands a good run for their money.

Look forward to meeting you in person at a future GTG.

:Cheers:
Thanks for the warm welcome, Danny.
Yea Japanese brands made great watch, especially Seiko SARB series and Grand Seiko. It will take me some time to get a Grand Seiko with my current income, but I'm sure I will get one in future because it looks beautiful. ;D

Welcome on board Jeremy.
Do join in the discussion that interest you.
Share pictures of watches in your collection.
Maybe we can help you out and identify your old man's Orient "Open Heart" (or is it Orient Star Skeleton?)

Cheers  :Cheers:
Thanks dankhar.
I would like to show my collection as well but I currently in UK and I only brought Orient Mako with me, so I will post it up after I back to Malaysia.
Cheers ;)

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »
Join us for BR gtg if you in kl... :thumbsup:

Offline Abe Mat

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »
Welcome to mwf. ;D

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 07:08:21 PM »
i can shorten your long intro into three sentences.

You love mechanical watches

you joined the right place

your itch and therefore, your list will grow. :Laughing_on_floor:

Welcome bro!  ;D
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'