Author Topic: Expensive Telco Bill! What's going on?!  (Read 4919 times)

Offline oraktion

Expensive Telco Bill! What's going on?!
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:02:45 AM »
What??! Just received my telco bill for this month...it cost me over RM100++..i wonder why cost so much..T.T i subcribed 5 GB data plan..but thats bad coverage in my area.. What i gonna do??

Offline Alvin-8880

Re: Expensive Telco Bill! What's going on?!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »
There is this local telco which charged me few sens on every missed calls (i called but receiver did not pick up) few years back. I made a complaint  to their service hotline & they offered me RM30 "one time good will discount". So, always watch out when phone bill appears to be higher than expected.

Offline arion

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »
nowadays is the IT era lo..with stable line we just can always get update with latest news lo..what the use of line with bad coverage?!!just change it la!!

Offline mykita

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »
Without details it is hard to explain as there are a lot of things that can happen. Rule of thumb is dispute anything unless the Telco can give proof you had genuinely incurred the charge.

Common faults are premium SMS/text message scams and wrongly set up subscription services in the CRM. The Telco systems are crap and I had a RM1000 "goodwill waiver" after arguing with them that it was unfair to charge me. If they keep insisting on the charge and can't provide any evidence, just get the case no to report to MCMC.

Offline BarneyLim007

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »
my current data include 1GB with 150mins call for RM38 per month..but sometimes not enough to use..and have to top up so that I can continue to surf..haha

Offline raychan

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
I'm 3GB data user..it is more than enough as I only use it to watch video and facebook.                           
How come you 5GB but still not enough.                           

Offline oraktion

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
I'm 3GB data user..it is more than enough as I only use it to watch video and facebook.                           

can tell me more about this plan? Current data plan so lousy so need to change it.. This 3GB ok or not?

Offline raychan

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 07:26:53 AM »

can tell me more about this plan? Current data plan so lousy so need to change it.. This 3GB ok or not?

Actually this plan got few options..also depend on ur usage and preference la..if you just use for wechat,whatsapp and fb..then I think 3GB is more than enough..i personally like celcom because we can top up anytime if the data volume finish..for more info can refer to pic

Offline fofo

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 10:58:20 PM »
Afterall..I think Celcom is the most suitable choice for me..as my current telco cost me too much..seems that I would save a lot by using Celcom..hope my decision is correct..

Offline ainamafan

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »
i am now using rm128/mth for 2GB data.. it sounds too much but that's not enough for me this massive data user..
it is good that currently mine 1 has 4G LTE but then... not every area has its coverage...
looking for cheaper plan with more data by end of next month, any good plan to recommend?

Offline chickypoke

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
i am now using rm128/mth for 2GB data.. it sounds too much but that's not enough for me this massive data user..
it is good that currently mine 1 has 4G LTE but then... not every area has its coverage...
looking for cheaper plan with more data by end of next month, any good plan to recommend?

there's a lot of telco package to choose from but you have to decide what's good for yourself. but since you're the type of person who wants data... maybe you can use the same one as me. but i recently upgraded to 88 per month with 5gb of data :D

Offline dreschan

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 12:38:42 PM »
Currently im using 2GB plan with only RM50 per month!!
Consider a cheap plan but need to pay when use call or sms..
Seem now not many ppl sms or call out so is ok for me!

Offline chickypoke

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:49 PM »
Currently im using 2GB plan with only RM50 per month!!
Consider a cheap plan but need to pay when use call or sms..
Seem now not many ppl sms or call out so is ok for me!

but you can always consider getting 3gb of data for RM68 right? :) I think it's worth it. 60 mins and 60 free sms on top of it.