Author Topic: change tyre  (Read 6784 times)

Offline thomasim87

change tyre
« on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »
Hi guys, recently picked up at 2010 Honda Civic for a decent price about 3 weeks ago. The car runs fine and everything except I notice how much grip it lacks when it's raining (KL has been raining a lot recently ) I have not much knowledge on tyres but I took a look closely at the tyres and I noticed that it is quite bald. Even have a few bald patches. I think the previous owner sand papered his tyres, seriously. Thank goodness I never pushed the car much prior to the rain.

Anyone with Civic or something similar would tell me what tyres are your car running on and is it running well? Or just any idea what kind of tyres would be best for a 2010 Honda Civic.

Offline ainamafan

Re: change tyre
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 08:59:33 AM »
Hi thomas, What is your current tyre brand for your honda civic?? Perhaps you can try Bridgestone turanza or Michelin P3ST? Quite good review.

Offline chickypoke

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
bro, tyres of your car is important, but u also must take care of the other parts of your car, better ask some professional's advises to secure yourself.

Offline tuliperfancy

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:04:05 AM »
Better than people frm tyre shops I must say.

TS you should have check ur tyres upon purchasing ur car. even after changing your tyres, you got to check its condition once in awhile

Offline sunflo0303

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »
I am long time Michelin User and I have used P3ST. I find it very practical la coz I really hate got problem . This is type of tyres that I find is suitable for my car so far.
http://www.michelin.com.my/Campaigns/michelin-total-performance/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:31:12 PM by sunflo0303 »

Offline fofo

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:49:19 AM »
I am long time Michelin User and I have used P3ST. I find it very practical la coz I really hate got problem . This is type of tyres that I find is suitable for my car so far.
http://www.michelin.com.my/Campaigns/michelin-total-performance/

p3st is gopod

Offline bazaoyu

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »
Michelin P3ST is the most expensive tires as compared to all the brands... i just went to few tires shop, and asked about the price.. im just wondering why could it be so expensive ?

Offline yeoh1984

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
Currently i using Michellin...Silent.. :thumbsup:

Offline candyong

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 05:44:42 AM »
depends on which michelin tyre u are using.. in fact, if you use PS3... you will find.. it is not as silent as P3ST

Offline RomieTan007

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 07:02:49 AM »
Quote from: bazaoyu link=topic=12743.msg12
0513#msg120513 date=1414413119
Michelin P3ST is the most expensive tires as compared to all the brands... i just went to few tires shop, and asked about the price.. im just wondering why could it be so expensive ?
Yeah as compare to others Michelin is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. The quality of  P3ST is totally worth the price. I am also a user of Michelin P3ST so I am sharing my experience here. I found that my car is more quiet and comfortable while driving. The handling wise is also better during raining day and the distance in braking is shorter which allows more safety. Trust me, for the pleasure and safety of driving, you will never regret.

Offline ainamafan

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
tires are just for travel. dont be so serious. for me, they are all the same..

Offline bazaoyu

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 05:55:01 AM »
Wow so informative. Tq so much for all the feedback. I have learned a lot. After discussing with my buddies, I think I will still try out Michelin P3ST. They said it’s gonna worth it cos though Michelin is more expensive, but it will give have more longevity than other tyre.

Offline nurulazzin

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 02:54:05 PM »

As well as i know, Porsche is more exp than Toyota and Toyota is more exp than Proton, and yet most of them prefer Porsche... why ?? same goes to Michelin tires la.. if good stuff comes with good quality, people don't mind paying more for better qualities stuff

Offline candyong

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »

As well as i know, Porsche is more exp than Toyota and Toyota is more exp than Proton, and yet most of them prefer Porsche... why ?? same goes to Michelin tires la.. if good stuff comes with good quality, people don't mind paying more for better qualities stuff

totally agreed... I remember once when someone ask me why pay more to buy PS3..?
of course. I feel that it is value for money la...! WIth PS3.. i do enjoy driving my car so much.. wet road. Gripping..no issued at all..

Offline nurulazzin

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 06:12:53 PM »
so how as long as you like it...
it is okie to pay more....  :thumbsup:

Offline vobs

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 06:01:45 AM »
I think Tyres are the contact point between road n car, a durable and comfortable tyres is required in order to make a great and safe dry, if we need to pay more to get a tyre that suits our driving style and budget in a safe manner, then go for it...congrats on the new tyres heheh

Offline gnoy26

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »
take it to a tyre shop they would be able to tell immediately if its in good condition for use

however some tips
between the grooves theres a bump those are wear indicator marks... if it reaches that level its unsafe for use
if u notice hairline cracks by the edge of the tyre its prob too old or needs to be changed those might pop
these might effect lack of grip

hit your common tyre shop...

Offline DolCeAddicT

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 07:40:11 PM »
take it to a tyre shop they would be able to tell immediately if its in good condition for use

however some tips
between the grooves theres a bump those are wear indicator marks... if it reaches that level its unsafe for use
if u notice hairline cracks by the edge of the tyre its prob too old or needs to be changed those might pop
these might effect lack of grip

hit your common tyre shop...

Marcus from TTDI?

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:07 PM »
How about Michelin xm-2?

Offline gchee

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
Tyres are the only thing between your car and the road so make sure its on good shape if not change it.